Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I dont know where to start

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM
  • 6 Replies
I don't even know where to start when typing this. My name is Rosa I've been here before many months ago but did not stay active. I'm 21 and have a 1.5 year old son. My weight has fluctuated quite a bit but never was really uncomfterable with my weight. During my senior year of high school I started working a physically demanding job. I went from 175 to 125 in a very short time. I was very happy. After loosening this weight I found out I was pregnant. 7months into my pregnancy I quit my job. I continued to eat right and walk daily. During my pregnancy I gained 26lbs. The day after I had my son I was 130. I was so happy that I would have to worried about baby weight. Well my son had severe acid reflux which meant going to sleep at 4am and rocking and soothing while cooking and eating. The healthy food went out the window and the exercise came to an complete stand still. Over the last 1.5 years I've slowly gained the weight and I don't like the way I look anymore. I'm 165 which is still not my highest and not horrible but I'm not comfterable. I work from home so all my snacks are a step away. My son is still very demanding which make it hard to do anything. I was walking every day 2 miles but that has now stop that it is so cold in the morning and I take my son on my walks and the only time I'm available to do anything. I want to get on track but I don't know what to do. I'm really lost. Also I am still breastfeeding my son but that has never had any effect with keeping weight off or loosing it.
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Good morning Rosa! Welcome back to the group! 

I would suggest that you start with your diet. You cannot exercise away a poor diet. What do you eat? How much water do you drink? How many times per day do you eat? 

Have you thought about tracking calories for a week or so, just to see how much you are eating? It can sometimes help to do so when you first start out to give you an idea of what to change as far as your diet is concerned. 

Concentrate on getting lean proteins, healthy fats and oils, tons of produce, and if you choose to eat them: whole grains and dairy. Also, take your weight and divide by 2- this is a guideline of how many oz of water you should drink daily. 

Exercise: Have you tried workout DVDs or streaming a show on Netflix or On Demand? Those are easy ways to workout at home. 

You can do it! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Welcome back!  Claire has some great advice, and I wish you the best!

nlonnon
by Tasha on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Welcome back!!  I would also suggest cleaning up the diet.  If you are working from home, make sure you surround yourself with good things to snack on.  Also, if you can try some workout videos so you don't have to go out in the cold.  Good luck!

QueenieAbby
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Welcome back, Rosa!  I would suggest including your baby in your exercise regimen as I know how difficult it can be to arrange a babysitter and such.  Just bundle up and take your baby for a stroll in the neighborhood. There are so many exercises you can do within your home too. You can do squats with him as the weight and lift him in the air on your squat raise. Check out Youtube and search for "Mommy / Baby" exercises or workouts.  You'll get a ton of ideas there. 

Like Claire said, diet is also important.  Try focusing on healthy options and stay away from pre-packaged, processed foods and you'll go far without even counting calories. 

wink

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

Rosa404
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

thanks everyone for your great suggestions. i think im goong to count my calories for a couple days to accually see what im eating and then start buying better. thank you. i know i can do this. im just so unsure about how to do any of it. does anyone know where i can get simple/quick and healthy recipies?  

QueenieAbby
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I post recipes every so often.  You can click HERE and see if you like any.  Most are very simple. 

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)