Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

introduction!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM
  • 12 Replies

• First off, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Aimee, I'm 25 years old. Married to my high school sweet heart. We have 2 amazing kids who are our world.

I've been unsuccessful on "diets" my entire life, and the reason for that is because I viewed it as a "diet" instead of just a healthy lifestyle. I'm from Louisiana and here everything we do revolves around food. When you're happy you eat, when you're sad you eat, celebrations, parties, funerals, everything is about food!

I grew up in a house where you pretty much ate what was there. My parents always worked so we had to pretty much eat what we could find and there wasn't every anything healthy in the house. So I got in the habit of just always eating whatever. I've always been overweight, even at my smallest size I was overweight. The bad habits followed me into adulthood and I continued to not shop or buy healthy foods because honestly, I didn't know how. I'm not yet ready to say what exactly my weight is, but I will say that my goal is to lose 85 lbs, and from there I'll make the decision if I wanna lose more than that or not. I don't want to be skinny, I want to be healthy so I can teach my kids to be healthy. I wanna be a role model to them so that they never have to struggle day after day feeling disgusting in their own skin.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

welcomeNice to meet you Aimee. I am the same way... I need to learn about portion control! Thats my biggest problem.

xXxLillithxXx
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Way to go! I know how it is I am a lover of FOOD! The most surprising thing I've realized after finally making the change is that you can still eat pretty much everything! And things you thought were gross really aren't. Some healthier choices are an acquired taste because you get so used to eating processed foods but once you get a week or so in your mind begins to open and you realize that eating healthy is actually pretty tasty! I don't know if you are on MyFitnessPal but my advice is to join. Its the tool that has changed my entire life in 30 days seriously. Stay motivated visit these forums as much as you can MFP has forums as well and I comb through the success stories every day to stay motivated. I want the same for my kids my daughter especially I never want her to look in the mirror and hate what she sees and struggle with depression over it like I have for most of my life. I'm not going to tell you that you can do this...I'm gonna say you WILL do this and I'm here if you ever need any motivation or just to vent!

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Thanks! Yeah, I've been using MFP for over a year now. I had a baby almost 6 months ago, so I'm slowly trying to get back in the routine of eatting better. Im currently on day 23 of my Fresh Start, and it isnt going the way I want it to at all! lol

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

Way to go! I know how it is I am a lover of FOOD! The most surprising thing I've realized after finally making the change is that you can still eat pretty much everything! And things you thought were gross really aren't. Some healthier choices are an acquired taste because you get so used to eating processed foods but once you get a week or so in your mind begins to open and you realize that eating healthy is actually pretty tasty! I don't know if you are on MyFitnessPal but my advice is to join. Its the tool that has changed my entire life in 30 days seriously. Stay motivated visit these forums as much as you can MFP has forums as well and I comb through the success stories every day to stay motivated. I want the same for my kids my daughter especially I never want her to look in the mirror and hate what she sees and struggle with depression over it like I have for most of my life. I'm not going to tell you that you can do this...I'm gonna say you WILL do this and I'm here if you ever need any motivation or just to vent!

nlonnon
by Tasha on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs.  My dad is a New Orleans native and let me tell you we LOVE food :)  When we visit, I just plan on gaining, so I know of the temptation that you speak of.  However, I have lost over 70+ pounds eating our cajun food, but MODERATION is what saves me.  I often times skip the rice as well.  MFP, probably has your calories estimated wrong.  I know you don't want to post your weight, but you might want to PM one of the BMR experts (Claire, Darby, or Suz) you exact stats and they can help you out.  It's important to make sure you are eating the proper amounts otherwise your body will just work against you.  Good luck!

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM

i misread this and sent you a message! lol 

Quoting nlonnon:

Hugs.  My dad is a New Orleans native and let me tell you we LOVE food :)  When we visit, I just plan on gaining, so I know of the temptation that you speak of.  However, I have lost over 70+ pounds eating our cajun food, but MODERATION is what saves me.  I often times skip the rice as well.  MFP, probably has your calories estimated wrong.  I know you don't want to post your weight, but you might want to PM one of the BMR experts (Claire, Darby, or Suz) you exact stats and they can help you out.  It's important to make sure you are eating the proper amounts otherwise your body will just work against you.  Good luck!

nlonnon
by Tasha on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SuthernBelleo0o:

i misread this and sent you a message! lol 

Quoting nlonnon:

No worries, I can do it, it just takes me longer :)  We'll get you taken care of!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

xXxLillithxXx
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Well we all have days like that lol I haven't done great today myself I ended up mindlessly snacking while I was talking on the phone and I was like WAIT WHAT AM I DOING?? I'm ariesmom07 on mfp if you wanna add me!

Quoting SuthernBelleo0o:

Thanks! Yeah, I've been using MFP for over a year now. I had a baby almost 6 months ago, so I'm slowly trying to get back in the routine of eatting better. Im currently on day 23 of my Fresh Start, and it isnt going the way I want it to at all! lol

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

Mrs.Burke11
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! I need to lose 80lbs to hit my goal weight so if you need a buddie let me know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)