Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HI NEW!!!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

sooooo

I am five foot even and i weigh 160

I have had four pregnancies and three babies. after my last child I just didnt lose the weight and now i have gained some more

i have a muffin top and my ass is too big :(

I am starting my weight loss for my new years resolution. but i am completly at a loss at what to do

I dont eat a lot. i mostly skip breakfast and sometimes lucnch. i have to force myself to drink water and such throughout the day. i dont get much activity anymore since I am a STAHM. most of the time when i do eat lunch its kiddie food, like chicken nuggets and hot dogs. i would love tips to eat better

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:59 AM
Welcome. Why wait for New years ? Why not start today?

I suggest take a look at what you eat. Is it all processed food?Are you eating a good amout of fruits and veggies daily? It's important not to skip any meals. You can get some great workout videos from Walmart for ten bucks. Or YouTube videos.

Counting calories is another think you can do. It's free and becomes easy after a while. Myfitnesspal.com is a great website.

If you just browse through old post you can find great info. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the group! 

Counting calories is an effective way to lose weight, but it is not for everyone. If you want to try it, I can do your BMR for you. I will need your age, height, weight and the # of days per week you plan on working out. I will also explain how it works when I do it for you, if you want it done. 

Now, onto your diet...

You have to eat!!!! Food is fuel, it is not the enemy. Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day. You are breaking a fast that has lasted many hours. It kick starts your metabolism for the day. If you don't eat, you will be lethargic, cranky, and it also takes a toll on your organs. It is essential that you eat enough. I can tell you already that if you are skipping breakfast and lunch, your body is in starvation mode. It is storing fat as fuel and burning through your lean muscle mass. 

Lean proteins: chicken, turkey, limited beef and pork, seafood, eggs, nut butters, nuts

Whole grains: breads, tortillas, pasta, brown rice, lentils, barley, oats, cereals, quinoa, beans

Produce: fresh and frozen= avoid canned! 

Dairy: I eat a mix of low fat and full fat dairy. 

Water- take your weight and divide by 2. This is a guideline of how many oz you should drink daily. 160/2=80

Our bodies are 66% water, so it needs it desperately to function properly. You get water from veggies, fruits, and drinks like water, tea and coffee...Try not to drink your calories though ( juice, coffee with tons of sugar and cream, cokes, etc) 

Exercise: There are tons of DVDs on the market that are affordable. You can also find things on On Demand, Netflix, and youtube. Strength training and cardio work hand in hand. As you build lean muscle mass, you will burn more calories at rest and during workouts. 

Ditch the processed foods- even for the kids. They are loaded with fat, cholesterol, sodium, nitrates, and other things you can't pronounce...Meal planning can help a lot when it comes to grocery shopping. I plan weekly by looking to see what I have in the house and then making a menu and only getting the things I need. I rotate through favorites and new items to see what my uber picky girls will like. I have found a few winners and a few losers, but they know they have to eat what I fix. 

Let me know if I can help you. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

silverdawn99
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:27 AM

well, i am sucker for holiday stuff :(

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Welcome. Why wait for New years ? Why not start today?

I suggest take a look at what you eat. Is it all processed food?Are you eating a good amout of fruits and veggies daily? It's important not to skip any meals. You can get some great workout videos from Walmart for ten bucks. Or YouTube videos.

Counting calories is another think you can do. It's free and becomes easy after a while. Myfitnesspal.com is a great website.

If you just browse through old post you can find great info. Good luck

frecklesthehen
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM

what claire said.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Welcome! Start with small goals right now. Try starting with eating breakfast.
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by Tasha on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:23 PM

welcome and good luck!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Welcome to the group!

I agree, you need to eat more!  You can start making changes today, even if you plan to splurge over the holidays.  You can start switching your beverages to water, start eating more frequently, and adding exercise.  Most people tend to me more successful when they make small changes over time, rather than trying to do a complete 180 overnight (which is one of the reasons that many people fail at New Years resolutions, frankly).

I have a list of tips here, but I'll include a couple here that are specific to you:

Carry water with you.  Buy a refillable water bottle and perhaps a filtered pitcher (like a Brita or a filter that goes on the faucet) if you don't like the tap water where you live.  I literally carry it in the grocery store with me, have it at school and at the hospital with me, and in the car.  I even have it next to me when I go to bed.

Plan out your meals.  Make yourself eat breakfast within an hour of getting up, and eat every 3 hours from there (something small at least).

Experiment with new recipes.  I LOVE cleaneatingmag.com and their actual magazine.  I also get recipes from sparkrecipes.com, and I know a lot of mamas in here like skinnytaste.com.  Try new things, see what the kids like, and what works for you.  It would be good to teach your kids how to eat healthy, too, so they can avoid obesity in their lives!

Experiment with exercise!  Find new things to try!  Involve the kids, too!  DS loves to do DVDs with me at home (even makes me put his blanket on the floor as a mat, and uses toy trucks as weights!  LOL).  He also loves to run because Mommy runs now, so sometimes after my "real" runs, I'll take him for a short run, and he loves it!

You can do this!  Good luck!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)