Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Ive lost 15 lbs since last Sunday. Its not as hard as you think. If anyone decides to try it, I'm glad to share my experience this far.
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
bigred1058
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I don't think anyone should give you crap for that. Body,by VI works and is great for some people. Good for you for recognizing your obstacles and trying to find ways to solve them.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

That's not healthy..... I'm doing Body by Vi and working out.... and before anyone starts giving crap for that.... I used to be bulimic, my body rejects 3rd meals and snacking, my Dr suggested this so I can get nutrition, so this is the only way for me to get a 3rd meal in to get my calorie intake up to actually be able to lose weight and not retain calories when working out. I've lost 5 lbs this week by working out 3 times for 1 1/2 hrs and 1 shake a day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM
15 lbs in 1 week is too quick hon. It's really not healthy for your body :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I got a few rude inbox messages about "Shakes are cheaters way out"  and "You're replacing a meal, you should be eating instead of drinking your meals!" and blah blah blah..... I've heard it all.... My dr, nutritionist, etc all came down to figure out what was going to work and what wasn't.... I couldn't lose weight.... I lost 30 lbs already this way.... I'm going to keep at it. I have 90 more lbs to go to be at my ideal goal health wise. People can kiss my ass.

Quoting bigred1058:

I don't think anyone should give you crap for that. Body,by VI works and is great for some people. Good for you for recognizing your obstacles and trying to find ways to solve them.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

That's not healthy..... I'm doing Body by Vi and working out.... and before anyone starts giving crap for that.... I used to be bulimic, my body rejects 3rd meals and snacking, my Dr suggested this so I can get nutrition, so this is the only way for me to get a 3rd meal in to get my calorie intake up to actually be able to lose weight and not retain calories when working out. I've lost 5 lbs this week by working out 3 times for 1 1/2 hrs and 1 shake a day.

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have 120lbs to lose in 14 months....Can I do it by changing my diet and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM
2 moms liked this
So what's your plan to keep it off? Like these guys, I feel cleanses are unhealthy, and they contribute to yo-yo dieting. What do you expect to have happen at the end? Temporary measures lead to temporary results. You won't find many supporters of cleanses in a group devoted to healthy weight loss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM
3 moms liked this

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM

rolling on floorLOL!!  Karen, we can always count on you!  =)

Quoting MamaKarrot:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:26 AM

NO!!!

babiegurl47
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:32 AM
How did you do it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:42 AM

No thanks...I'd be unhappy doing it to begin with- and PISSED when I gained it back!

SweetKandy83
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not just about losing weight. It's a mental thing for me.  Also, people should really look up the health benefits such as detoxifying impurities out of your body.  I have a friend that did it and kept it off.  Of course if you lose weight and go back to eating unhealthy, then you would gain it all back. A healthy lifestyle including exercise and portion control should keep it off.  By the way:  She lost 70 lbs a year ago doing this, had diabetes before starting and is no longer considered a diabetic.  Just wanted the cynics to know that. 

Also, I don't care who tries it or not. I'm just giving my experience for THOSE who desire insight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)