Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Ive lost 15 lbs since last Sunday. Its not as hard as you think. If anyone decides to try it, I'm glad to share my experience this far.
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
SweetKandy83
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Organic Lemon Juice, cayenne pepper, bottled water, and maple syrup Grade B.  By the way: You're not starving doing it.  My biggest hurdle in the beginning was "Maybe I'll eat the cookie my son is eating too", but after the first few days, the cravings stopped.

SweetKandy83
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

For those who said no, before  you call something unhealthy, pick up a book and read about it. I didn't do it for the purpose of weight loss.  I did it to clean my system from impurities that were starting to affect my complexion.  Also, I've been small my entire life, but when I started having personal issues, I packed on some weight. Anyone who eats pizza, donuts, etc will gain weight without exercising.  I've got P90x, walk, and will cut out all sugars out of my diet.  BY THE WAY: MY DOCTOR RECOMMENDED IT.

P.S. There seems to be a lot of bitterness in here.  It's really sad & not becoming of women at all.

SweetKandy83
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.  There is a lot of bitterness in here. People should read about something before calling it unhealthy.  Also, eating fries, chips, pizza, soda is unhealthy, but I'm sure people don't harm their bodies in that way either.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting SweetKandy83:

For those who said no, before  you call something unhealthy, pick up a book and read about it. I didn't do it for the purpose of weight loss.  I did it to clean my system from impurities that were starting to affect my complexion.  Also, I've been small my entire life, but when I started having personal issues, I packed on some weight. Anyone who eats pizza, donuts, etc will gain weight without exercising.  I've got P90x, walk, and will cut out all sugars out of my diet.  BY THE WAY: MY DOCTOR RECOMMENDED IT.

P.S. There seems to be a lot of bitterness in here.  It's really sad & not becoming of women at all.

Here's the thing... many of us HAVE researched this. We have done a lot of research on different methods of weight loss. Cleanses are dangerous. Period. They damage your heart, liver,and kidneys. 

Many of us are going into either the medical field or the fitness field. Personally, I'm going into the fitness field and have studied weight loss for several years. There is no real benefit to cleanses and there is a ton of research to back this up.. I don't have time right now as I'm leaving to go canoeing for the day...

We are not bitter...we are all about a healthy weight loss in this group and fads don't work and are not healthy. Most people in here, like myself have achieved our weight loss through diet and exercise. I'm getting my Personal trainer certifications currently and hit my goals several years ago. 

Stick around and read some success stories..you'll find that we are a happy and supportive group. You asked if we would try it... we said no and we were honest about why we would not do it. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Several of us are educated in nutrition and health in here, and are familiar with this and other cleanses.  There are plenty of times that doctors recommend unhealthy options (for example, the HCG diet).  We're not bitter, we just don't like using methods to lose weight that have been proven to have dangerous side effects, encourage dangerous behaviors (like undereating) or have temporary results.  We encourage permanent changes that lead to permanent results, as opposed to the many fads out there that lead to temporary weight loss and possibly long term health problems.

Quoting SweetKandy83:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

SweetKandy83
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I completely understand, but this was for more than weight loss.  Weight loss was just a benefit from other things, but I'm not begging anyone to try anything as if anyone read my post it clearly stated anyone who had questions for me. I never asked anyone to try it.

lovingmommywife
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Do u eat with this drink? I'd like to do a cleanse. I just don't know where to start

Quoting SweetKandy83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetKandy83
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM

It's okay, really :) but I never asked anyone to try it. I said "If anyone decided to try it".

itsm3
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't believe in cleanses of any sort.  the body is designed to cleanse itself from toxins (liver/kidnesy/digestive tract) so all you need to do is eat right and the body does everything it's naturally supposed to do.

SweetKandy83
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM

2 tablespoons of maple syrup Grade B (energy)

2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper (increases metabolism, and contains vitamin A, B6, E, & C )

2 tablespoons of freshly squezzed lemon juice (detoxifys & full of  vitamin C)

8 oz. Filtered or bottled water

6 times a day, plus herbal tea laxative morning and evening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN