Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Ive lost 15 lbs since last Sunday. Its not as hard as you think. If anyone decides to try it, I'm glad to share my experience this far.
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (31-40):
QueenieAbby
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I'm sorry you've received so much backlash here and feel like you've received negativity.  I'm a professional nutritionist, and I had used this lemon cleanse diet for years.  I can attest to its benefits.  When I was 25 years old, I was diagnosed with cancer and only given 5 years to live.  I was desperate and began studying nutrition.  I came across the lemon cleanse diet you're speaking of here at a nutrition store.  I was attracted to it because there has been so much evidence of its healing benefits for the body.  That was what I needed at the time.  Well, long story short --> It's been 19 years since I've had cancer.  I didn't have to go through chemotherapy either, and my cancer was a progressive form.  Did the lemon cleanse heal me?  I'm not sure.  I know I did a lot of praying during that time, but I do believe that God sends the right tools to use when you are in need.  I do believe the lemon cleanse diet helped.

From that time 19 years ago, I used the lemon clean diet at least once to twice per year.  I did stop it about 6 years ago when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism as I didn't want to do any damage to my thyroid. The lemon cleanse diet is to be used for 3-30 days.  I do believe a shorter amount of time can benefit one's body.  However, long term use of it can cause catabolism (break down of muscle tissue).  When the body starts breaking itself down like that, it is not a good thing.  Your body requires certain nutrients that the lemon cleanse diet just cannot provide with lemons, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper.  Your body needs protein and other nutrients. 

With that being said, it could be a great kickstart to a healthy diet.  It helps to kick the cravings for unhealthy foods.  But, you can definitely keep your body in a homestatis environment by eating natural and organic foods in balance (i.e., protein, carbs in the form of veggies and fruits mostly, and essential fats). 

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

SweetKandy83
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for that post.  I left this group because I am trying to rid myself of negativity and didn't want to go back and forth with people on whether they believe something is healthy or unhealthy.  I can only speak to the benefits that it has done in my life.  I had a colon problem in which I was only going to the bathroom once a week and sometimes only once every 2 weeks.  I felt it of needed to release a lot of toxins in my body.  As an added benefit, I lost 18 lbs from it as of today= today is day 10.  I needed this cleanse for more than just physical reasons.  It was a way for me to psychologically say "I'm getting all toxic people, things, and surrounding out of my life.  It was a way for me to set a goal and accomplish it.  It also gave me the determination to want to live a healthier life.  I've gotten opinions from many people who are in the medical field and have all recommended it to me as a natural way to release toxins.  Thank you do very much for your post & I'm so glad that you have beaten cancer.  May God watch & protect you through this journey that we call life.
Quoting QueenieAbby:

I'm sorry you've received so much backlash here and feel like you've received negativity.  I'm a professional nutritionist, and I had used this lemon cleanse diet for years.  I can attest to its benefits.  When I was 25 years old, I was diagnosed with cancer and only given 5 years to live.  I was desperate and began studying nutrition.  I came across the lemon cleanse diet you're speaking of here at a nutrition store.  I was attracted to it because there has been so much evidence of its healing benefits for the body.  That was what I needed at the time.  Well, long story short --> It's been 19 years since I've had cancer.  I didn't have to go through chemotherapy either, and my cancer was a progressive form.  Did the lemon cleanse heal me?  I'm not sure.  I know I did a lot of praying during that time, but I do believe that God sends the right tools to use when you are in need.  I do believe the lemon cleanse diet helped.

From that time 19 years ago, I used the lemon clean diet at least once to twice per year.  I did stop it about 6 years ago when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism as I didn't want to do any damage to my thyroid. The lemon cleanse diet is to be used for 3-30 days.  I do believe a shorter amount of time can benefit one's body.  However, long term use of it can cause catabolism (break down of muscle tissue).  When the body starts breaking itself down like that, it is not a good thing.  Your body requires certain nutrients that the lemon cleanse diet just cannot provide with lemons, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper.  Your body needs protein and other nutrients. 

With that being said, it could be a great kickstart to a healthy diet.  It helps to kick the cravings for unhealthy foods.  But, you can definitely keep your body in a homestatis environment by eating natural and organic foods in balance (i.e., protein, carbs in the form of veggies and fruits mostly, and essential fats). 

Ali5683
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Cleanses are good for you, within reason. But losing 15 lbs is not good for you in a week is so much stress on your body that it could have lasting affects. Realistically, losing more than 3 lbs per week is not good for you. If you want to lose weight and keep it off then losing it at a steady pace with a healthy diet and exercise are your best bet.

tristahope
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Do u mix all the ingredients together or how is this done? I am very curious and needs a good cleansing. TMI i do not use the bathroom #2 like normal people so I bet I have 15lbs of waste inside of me. I would love to learn more. Will u inbox me and tell me more about this please?
Laura.L
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I am also interested in learning more. Did you buy the ingredients desperately or as part of a cleansing kit? Please inbox me the details. Thanks!
simplyamazing3
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM

whats the master cleanse

SweetKandy83
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I bought all ingredients separately. My skin is brighter, & clearer. You can by everything from a local grocery store except maple syrup grade b which can be found at local health foods store.
QueenieAbby
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Hi Trista.  I just replied to your email.  I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner as I've been out of town and haven't had a chance to get on CM. 

For you and Kandy (the person who originally posted), you may find more than the healing benefits of this cleanse.  You will lose great amounts of weight and may get backlash from it from others.  I think it all depends on how you weigh originally on how much you will lose as well.  Please know that a lot of your weight loss is due to the toxin buildup of being constipated.  You have been holding a ton of weight just in toxin waste.  Some will also be water, and some will be body fat.  But, the majority of your weight loss will be the toxin buildup. 

I will say that if you have any medical conditions other than this constipation, then please consult with your physician before attempting it.  Also, please drink at least 64 oz. of water per day after completing the detox diet.  Most people who have issues with constipation are not getting enough water as well as fiber.  Make sure you're eating your green veggies as well.  wink

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

QueenieAbby
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Maple syrup grade B can also be found at Super Walmarts and many grocery stores.  wink

kanooch1011
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Well, whatever works for you.  I prefer to stick with working out regularly (right now my favorite workout of the moment is Zumba-LOVE it) and Weight Watchers. 

It has helped me lose the added weight from each pregnancy (I was 137 at 5 feet 3 inches before 1st preg-went up to 203 the day I had baby and lost it all with this healthy lifestyle and exercise.  Same with 2nd preg-was 135 went up to 186 when I had baby and lost it all the same way). 

And now, I went back on Weight Watchers (working out was always happening) to lose the 13 pounds that I gained when I had quit smoking.  I have lost 9 pounds so far (I am now 139). I haven't had a cigarette in almost 2 years.

I'm sticking with what works for me.  I always believed that the slower it takes for you to lose it (by doing it a healthier way), the better your chances are of keeping it off. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)