Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Ive lost 15 lbs since last Sunday. Its not as hard as you think. If anyone decides to try it, I'm glad to share my experience this far.
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (41-43):
QueenieAbby
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:49 AM

The Master Cleanse is not about "losing weight."  It is about getting rid of toxins in the body.  It is a "DETOX" program.  It is not to be used for a long period of time... very short in fact.  If you read the posts by the original poster, she said that she had issues with constipation.  This builds toxin waste in the body that she was desperately trying to get rid of.  Detox diets (which are very short) help to get rid of these toxins.  It's only an added benefit that there is weight loss, but much of that weight loss is made up of the toxins.

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

lovingmommywife
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Do you eat your regular meals with this diet?  glad this worked for you also.

Quoting QueenieAbby:

I'm sorry you've received so much backlash here and feel like you've received negativity.  I'm a professional nutritionist, and I had used this lemon cleanse diet for years.  I can attest to its benefits.  When I was 25 years old, I was diagnosed with cancer and only given 5 years to live.  I was desperate and began studying nutrition.  I came across the lemon cleanse diet you're speaking of here at a nutrition store.  I was attracted to it because there has been so much evidence of its healing benefits for the body.  That was what I needed at the time.  Well, long story short --> It's been 19 years since I've had cancer.  I didn't have to go through chemotherapy either, and my cancer was a progressive form.  Did the lemon cleanse heal me?  I'm not sure.  I know I did a lot of praying during that time, but I do believe that God sends the right tools to use when you are in need.  I do believe the lemon cleanse diet helped.

From that time 19 years ago, I used the lemon clean diet at least once to twice per year.  I did stop it about 6 years ago when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism as I didn't want to do any damage to my thyroid. The lemon cleanse diet is to be used for 3-30 days.  I do believe a shorter amount of time can benefit one's body.  However, long term use of it can cause catabolism (break down of muscle tissue).  When the body starts breaking itself down like that, it is not a good thing.  Your body requires certain nutrients that the lemon cleanse diet just cannot provide with lemons, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper.  Your body needs protein and other nutrients. 

With that being said, it could be a great kickstart to a healthy diet.  It helps to kick the cravings for unhealthy foods.  But, you can definitely keep your body in a homestatis environment by eating natural and organic foods in balance (i.e., protein, carbs in the form of veggies and fruits mostly, and essential fats). 

lovingmommywife
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM

this is the same reason i want to do it.  i will go a week without going to the bathroom and my stomach will hurt.  sucks bad. 

Quoting QueenieAbby:

The Master Cleanse is not about "losing weight."  It is about getting rid of toxins in the body.  It is a "DETOX" program.  It is not to be used for a long period of time... very short in fact.  If you read the posts by the original poster, she said that she had issues with constipation.  This builds toxin waste in the body that she was desperately trying to get rid of.  Detox diets (which are very short) help to get rid of these toxins.  It's only an added benefit that there is weight loss, but much of that weight loss is made up of the toxins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)