Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Game plan for Thursday?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:00 AM
  • 19 Replies

What is your plan for Thursday?  Are you cooking extra healthy/low calorie dishes for Thanksgiving or cooking the usual stuff and just making smaller portions for yourself?

I'm honestly kind of nervous...well mega nervous as I always over do things on Thanksgiving and I DO NOT want to do that this year!  I need a game plan ladies!  Share with me yours!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyrosenj
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:30 AM
I'm doing both, making sure my dishes are healthy and eating smaller portions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:32 AM
Me too

Quoting emilyrosenj:

I'm doing both, making sure my dishes are healthy and eating smaller portions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2boyz8811
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Small portions of bread, potato, stuffing and dessert. Loading up on turkey and veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:34 AM
This :)

Quoting mom2boyz8811:

Small portions of bread, potato, stuffing and dessert. Loading up on turkey and veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Honestly, I just plan to not pig out.  I'm going to enjoy the day and not worry about it.  I'll eat smaller portions than normal and one piece of pie.  We only do one dinner (my husband's family is all out of state), and I really don't think it will be all that bad.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:25 AM

We'll be having 2 dinners that day, one at my house and one at my parents' home.

I'll be making healthier versions of the carb heavy T-day favorites for our noon meal, and I will definitely watch portion sizes.  I may have a bite or two of desserts, but no more, and I hope the weather is nice enough for a walk after dinner.

My mom nicely informed me that SHE will not be watching her carbs on that day (and she's also diabetic...SMH) and she plans on making all of the carb heavy faves, so I will stick to turkey and veggies when we go there for our evening meal.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I'm making lasagna and cheesecake (the boxed one you make with milk-YUM)

I'll figure out the calories in it and work around it the rest of the day.  I may go over a little-but It's one day so...

EiuGirl316
by Leah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I'm doing both as well. I plan on making some healthy dishes to throw into the mixes but I'll watch my portions for those that aren't as healthy. :-) 

nlonnon
by Tasha on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Thankfully, we only have one meal.  My plan is to enjoy and stay in control.  

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM

If Jonah's feeling better, he and I are doing a Turkey Trot that day (they have a kids 1 mile, and I plan to do the 5K).  Of course last night he started complaining of tummy troubles, and he's been febrile and lethargic.  So we may just be having another day Thursday if we can't go to my SIL's (she's pregnant, and we're definitely NOT sharing germs!!).  I plan to keep the portions small, and just basically try not to go TOO overboard (I know I'll be eating more than I usually would).  I might even try to go for a run with her hubby, or take my bike.  He is into running and biking (we always get talking about both when we all hang out), and keep saying we need to get out together.  I think I could keep up with him better on a bike than on foot!  =)  Just need those darn new tires.

I'm also being good the rest of this week.  I've been doing okay- lost 2 lbs that I'd gained, so that's of course good news.  Going to try to run when I can, though I'm not sure how that'll go with a sick kiddo.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)