Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your plan for Thursday?  Are you cooking extra healthy/low calorie dishes for Thanksgiving or cooking the usual stuff and just making smaller portions for yourself?

I'm honestly kind of nervous...well mega nervous as I always over do things on Thanksgiving and I DO NOT want to do that this year!  I need a game plan ladies!  Share with me yours!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Replies (11-19):
red_head_mommy2
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM

We are fixing the normal sutff just healthier. And I'm using portion control. I'm doing a cherry bread that's healthier then pies.

Mom's cooking the rest.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Um this thursday is a normal day here. But for our thanksgiving last month I had a bit of everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ama1987
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I am hosting my first ever Thanksgivig this year, it will just be DH, our two kiddos, my FIL and me. So we'll be keeping it pretty small. I am planning on doing my first ever turkey, but cooking that with butter! I'll be doing green bean caserole as normal as well, I'm not doing stuffing, but am doing califlower mashed potates, deviled eggs, a low-fat cream spinach dish, something with squash, a salad and a pumpkin pie

For my sister who is working a double so will be working all day...I'm making her my mom's cheesy potatoe dish, and nieman marcus cookies. So not sure yet if we'll have some of that at our house to eat as well.

My FIL has been on the medifast diet since July or so and has lost just over 50lbs so I am trying to make things healthy for him and us, just not sure what other dishes I listed could be made more healthy.

My plan will be to stick with the right portion sizes, and avoid eating the yummy cheesy potatoes and cookies! Lol

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM

We get 3 thanksgiving meals!  At my in-laws', my aunt's, and my dad's.  I just don't overeat and don't worry so much about being over on calories.  I also log it all and make sure I'm within my calories for the week by Sunday :)  That's how I've donle holidays so far and I have a gain each time but it goes away super fast.  good luck!

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I'm making the turkey and some low fat desserts plus macaroni but not the kind I don't like.

I'll have turkey, veggies and some stuffing and some of my dessert.  I have actually thrown up from over eating at Thanksgiving, two different times.  Last year I really thought about that when I served myself.  And I did not go back for seconds.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Great plans mamas!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I don't have one..

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Since I won't be doing the cooking I will just have to aim for smaller portions and taking home some leftovers so I can just remind myself I can have those in small portions, too!

MamaJessx3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, I'm going into Thursday with I restrictions. I don't think I could pig out like I have before because I'm use to healthier foods and smaller portions now, but I want to enjoy my thanksgiving without worrying about food. One day isn't going to kill my diet ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)