Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Great Motivator!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

I can't tell you how many times I hear people commend me for what I do and then say they jus don't have the time for it. Drives me crazy! It's all about making time for yourself and making yourself a priority! Just thought this was a great motivator :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Silvertears1275
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I just always want to tell them if *I* can find the time, they can find the time.  I work full time... my husband works nights so I have 3 kids 8 and under by myself... I have to clean, cook, laundry, all that jazz... and I still carve around an hour out of each day to work out.  Sure, I don't read as much as I used to, I don't crochet as much, I hardly ever watch TV, but what I'm doing is more important than all of that anyway.

NEISA50
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I love it and it is so true, keep putting up these motivations. I appreciate them and learn from them. thank you

MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

LOVE this

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this
It's so true!! Illness and fatigue take up so much more time than working out!
It sucks that it's so hard to get that initial oomph to actually START moving. Once the pendulum is swinging, it's not so bad, but that initial push is always tough. I wish I could get this post into DH's head.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Love this :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autiziumom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Wow! That is pretty cool.
ZennMomma
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I once complained that healthy food was so expensive and my friend pointed out all the money i'd be spending on health care and medications and wouldn't it be better spent preventing instead of fixing! Yes!! lol

EiuGirl316
by Leah on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I love this! I once had a friend tell me that she doesn't have time to do it and she'd have no one to leave her boys with. I promptly told her they have gyms that charge $10/month that ALSO have child care. She didn't have a response for that. then again, this is the woman that buys into these iced teas that burn fat. I feel bad when she posts she's lost 26 pounds because I know she'll gain it all back eventually. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Yep, love this!  Thanks for sharing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN