Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

just realized what I want my first mini-goal to be... I think I might get away from weight loss goals and will set fitness goals.. *good idea? bad idea??* 
my first goal is to RUN a lap at the track without slowing down.. I signed up for a color me rad race and it made me sad that it took me a little more than 55 minutes to run:(  soooo my goal is to run a full lap at the track *1/4 mile* by Christmas:)  

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Replies (11-13):
Pugsmuggler
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:46 AM
You can dooo it ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Great idea!  I have a lot of short term goals.  I am concentrating on progress goals.  It makes more sense since I want a lifestyle change.  I am currently doing the C25K program and working on doing my splits.  I am also working on skipping kicks as well.  I know the weight loss wil come with time.

itsm3
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:09 PM

this is how you train your body to build endurance.  over time, the program will lengthen your run intervals and shorten your walk intervals so eventually by the end, you'll be running the whole way.  speed comes later (after endurance) but endurance and training properly is the key to sticking with running.

Quoting TippyD:

I dont like the fast/slow pace of it:/ i havent been a fan of it in the past..

Quoting mcginnisc:

Fitness goals are awesome! Have you thought about checking put couch to 5k? It is a training program that will teach you to run a 5k (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. You would be running mote than a 1/4 mile by Christmas if you did it. It is a fabulous program for beginners.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)