Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

All bets off?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do you stick with healthy eating on Thanksgiving or are all bets off? While I won't be pigging out like I usually do, I will still eat some yummies. :D We are vegetarians so at least there are no bacon temptations. That used to be my downfall lol.

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM

we had lasagna / salad/ garlic bread/ tiramisu and pumkin pie and I managed to stay within my bmr that day...barely ;)   and yes- I had some of everything!

aprilsalcro
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:13 PM
I'm eating whatever I want , in moderation of course
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Yep, same here...I had a little bit of everything:)

Quoting aprilsalcro:

I'm eating whatever I want , in moderation of course

itsm3
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:35 PM

i never cheat.  even when we had (canadian thanksgiving), birthdays etc i stick to my clean eating.  haven't had a drop of bad food since jan 1.  

however, next month is my birthday so i will allow myself to have a bit of birthday cake!  i think i deserve that!

MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I pig out, but even then I can't eat much before I'm really full.  I'm pretty sure most of my calories came from wine this year, LOL.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:10 PM
I eat more than usual but don't make my belly hurt lol. It's mostly just that the foods are really high calorie so even eating a normal amount of food will be way high ;).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM
This is me also.

Quoting Stefanie83:

I eat more than usual but don't make my belly hurt lol. It's mostly just that the foods are really high calorie so even eating a normal amount of food will be way high ;).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM

All things in moderation.  I only use one plate for dinner, one small plate for dessert.  I put a few bites of each item I like on my plate, and don't go up for more.  I don't need to, I've satisfied all the flavor cravings with a few bites of each!  

And if you stick to your diet each day and only indulge at the parties, you won't gain too much if at all.  When heavy eating or extra snacking happen infrequently, most of it passes through your system without even being digested.  The reason people tend to gain on the holidays is b/c all those extra goodies are left out for grazing.  Cookies on the counter, bowls of candy at work, candy canes on trees, etc.  People end up eating more calories daily for weeks.  Keep the snacks/goodies put away until company is over or you have need of them, mix the cookie dough and freeze, then bake them as needed, or set out healthy snacks around your areas so you're less likely to grab goodies when walking past.

BelindaDuvessa
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I had a potluck at work, and a smaller celebration at home.  I had 2 plates at the potluck, but nothing outrageous.  It wasn't piled inches high.  A a piece of cheesecake and a piece of some peach cake.  At home, it was one plate, plus a piece of lemon pie.  I logged the day as 3000 calories but I'm pretty sure I didn't eat that much.

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I did well. I made half my plate veggies, then had turkey and a small scoop of potatoes and half a crescent roll, and two pieces of cheescake (this was my one thanksgiving treat). I resisted lots of potatoes, rolls, stuffing, cran sauce and many other pies. Overall i did very well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)