Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

weight gain after hysterectomy

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello I'm glenbrook and I had a partial hysterectomy in Jan, but I feel as thought I am gaining so much weight...has any body else had a similar issue?

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Zadidoll
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My niece-in-law did. After her complete hysterectomy she gained almost 100 pounds and have lost some but not all. It's all due to her hormone levels being out of whack now. I would suggest talking to a doctor about getting some hormone replacements otherwise it's highly possible you'll continue to gain weight IF your horomone levels out of whack as well.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:17 AM
I agree- it has to do with shifts in hormones. Did they take an ovary or both? That will make the biggest difference, but the loss of any parts can affect hormone levels. I would definitely talk to your doc, but still make those healthy changes to your diet and exercise routine, of course. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
glenbrook703
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Still have ovaries.... Ido  plan on contacting my Gyno thanks! And I think the fact that I work 3rd shift doesn't help either!

mizhoward
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Had a complete hysterectomy in 2009 and I did gain quite a bit of weight.

BeautyFull
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Hey ladies If you are having trouble losing weight, I can show you a product where you can see weight lost in 45 min All Natural.  I have an associate that lost 39lbs in just 4 weeks!! Yes in 4 weeks using nothing but natural products. If you are interested in hearing more please send me a message.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)