Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Losing Weight on the Depo

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • 25 Replies
I've had a few people tell me that the depo provera shot could be playing a factor in my stunted weight loss. I keep gaining and losing the same few pounds although I'm eating healthier and working out 4 days a week. Do any of you have any success stories of losing weight while on the depo shot?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
njamlovell
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:32 PM

i gained 40 ;poundon depo then i started turbo fire

susie3g
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:04 PM
What is Turbo fire? And did you begin to lose weight while on the depo?

Quoting njamlovell:

i gained 40 ;poundon depo then i started turbo fire

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama!  Keep at it!

BelindaDuvessa
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Depo was one of many reasons I gained weight.  The messing with my hormones drastically, however, was why I stopped taking it 3 years ago.  I'm sure it's possible, but don't be surprised if you work harder to do it.

aprilsalcro
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:27 PM
I hate depo. It was hell
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Thanks. I'm trying. :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!  Keep at it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I'll find out if my essure procedure was successful next month. If so, I will have taken my last shot of depo and then hopefully the weight will start coming off easier.

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

Depo was one of many reasons I gained weight.  The messing with my hormones drastically, however, was why I stopped taking it 3 years ago.  I'm sure it's possible, but don't be surprised if you work harder to do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I gained a lot of weight on depo also, but I wasn't holding myself accountable for my eating then either (like you are), so I don't really have a good example of doing well while on it.

BelindaDuvessa
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Make sure you get that done!  I didn't and am now pregnant with #4.  I'm going for a tubal this time.

Quoting susie3g:

I'll find out if my essure procedure was successful next month. If so, I will have taken my last shot of depo and then hopefully the weight will start coming off easier.

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

zumbafreak11
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I, personally, used Depo for a while and I believe that not only did it make me gain weight, but also led to my endometriosis.  Sorry, I'm not a success story.  It also made my depression 10x worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN