Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

weight loss makes face look older

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:44 PM
  • 23 Replies
I am 160 pounds I was 185 I got down to 148 but gained weight, my friend said when I weighed 148 my face looked sucked in an older, but prior to being 185 I had always been thinner I was 117 pre kids then normally 140-150 post kids, do you think that's true from a weight loss your face tends to look older? do you think this was jealousY?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Well, I think it depends on the person to be honest.  We're all different, but I know what you mean.  My SIL lost about 100 pounds, and she aged at least 10 years when she did it.  She was around 40 at the time and when she lost the weight she looked almost 50 to be honest...never told her that of course!

mgm_5
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Yea, i want to lose the weight i gained plus at least 10 more but i also don't want to age myself
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I know just what you mean...I have about 30 pounds to lose and I know I will probably age somewhat when I lose that baby fat in my face:)

Quoting mgm_5:

Yea, i want to lose the weight i gained plus at least 10 more but i also don't want to age myself

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it depends on the person. I think I look younger when my face is thinner but I have definitely seen some people who look older
Silvertears1275
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My sister has lost 75 lbs and I think she looks younger.  Some people do look a little younger when their face is fuller, though. 

wulfeyes05
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I was reading that it's usually women 40 and over that seem to age after weight loss. Another thing I was reading says it depends on the skin of the person, the natural elasticity and all that.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree that it depends on the person, but even by the day, in my case.  Some days, I feel like I look older (maybe the extra skin?), but other days, I look younger.  I'd rather be healthier and look a little older than gain back weight so my face fills out.  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

itsm3
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

quite the opposite, IMO.  weight gain tends to make one look OLDER.  when someone loses weight, they look younger.  

however, drastic weight loss (resulting in very little body fat), can make the face look older only because there is so little fat.  that happened to me during my depression when i wasnt' eating; i looked awful... like i was wearing a skeleton  mask :(

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Id like to get to 150, but more realistically ill take 155. Im 161 now and trying to maintain 3-4 workouts a week, i slacked for one week and felt like a sloth..it was awful, i like the energized feeling i have when im working out...this is all new to me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mgm_5
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Omg, i know how u feel, i feel terrible when i don't work out or eat bad

Quoting lillucky8:

Id like to get to 150, but more realistically ill take 155. Im 161 now and trying to maintain 3-4 workouts a week, i slacked for one week and felt like a sloth..it was awful, i like the energized feeling i have when im working out...this is all new to me :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)