Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Insanity / Turbo Fire

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hi! My name is Ashley! I'm 21. Dh and I have a daughter who is now 2 1/2. I've been doing a little walking and some Jilians DVD's but have not started really on my weight loss project that I want to as I'm looking into programs and wanted to get to hear what you ladies had to say! :) I am looking at doing a program from Beach Body. Before I had DD I had that flat nice stomach and weighed 125 lbs. My highest before I had our DD was at 196. I had our DD and went down to 160. I'm at 170. I now have a three inch (after Scarlett I had one inch but waited too long and now is three inches) I dont know what to call it - pouch? lol :( I want to get rid of it and tone my body back into shape. I know I should have started way ealier but was scared for the longest time that if I worked out too hard that I would tear my stomach muscles. lol I'm not bad in the legs, butt, arms, etc. It's just this little post baby pouch that I have that I REALLY want to get rid of. I am leaning more towards Insanity and Turbo Fire. My question is which would you start with first? Which is more designed and would target getting rid of this post baby belly that I have? Thank you guys for reading and responding!

- Ashley :)

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

i wanna do insanity, so if thats what you anna start with, when finished send it my way

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:37 AM

They are both great programs... Insanity is NOT for beginners and Fire could possibly be difficult if you have not done Turbo Jam which is where you learn the core moves. 

I love Insanity, but have not done Fire yet altough I have done Jam several times. I would recommend that you work up to Insanity if it has been a while since you have worked out as it is brutal...

As far as the "pooch" goes- the only thing that gets rid of belly fat is diet. You have to eat very cleanly, drink tons of water, add cardio, strength training and core work and the pooch will eventually go away. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Yep, Claire's right...she beat me to it.  I've done Insanity and about to start round 2, but I'm a long distance runner, and it still kicks my butt!  It's not for beginners, but it's a great workout!  I would honestly start with Turbo Jam if I were you.  I've never done Turbo Fire, but heard it's a hard workout too.  Good luck mama!

Quoting mcginnisc:

They are both great programs... Insanity is NOT for beginners and Fire could possibly be difficult if you have not done Turbo Jam which is where you learn the core moves. 

I love Insanity, but have not done Fire yet altough I have done Jam several times. I would recommend that you work up to Insanity if it has been a while since you have worked out as it is brutal...

As far as the "pooch" goes- the only thing that gets rid of belly fat is diet. You have to eat very cleanly, drink tons of water, add cardio, strength training and core work and the pooch will eventually go away. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Claire's our go-to gal on this topic!  We have several coaches in here, but from what I've seen, this is the same kind of advice you'll get from most people about the DVDs.

I couldn't agree more about the diet, too.  Eating a clean diet is the ONLY way to get rid of the belly fat.  What and how you eat is 80% of the battle.  You cannot out-exercise a poor diet (believe me, I've tried!  LOL).  You can read about eating clean here.  It's helped me lose over 100 lbs so far, and it really fuels those workouts well.  Keeps me from feeling sluggish, which is exactly how I feel when I HAVEN'T been eating clean.

Be sure to incorporate strength training into your workouts (the DVDs may do that- I haven't seen them first-hand, though I want to!!).  It'll help keep you toned up, and help your skin. 

I think few people in here would knock the BeachBody programs.  I say go for it!  Follow Claire's advice, and make your decision based on where you truly are NOW.

Good luck!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

crabbyD
by Diana on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM
I did insanity first not knowing the intensity, but was very proud that I stuck to it even though month 2 was killer. I did see a positive change in my legs, butt and a less belly flop. I lost about 10lbs total with insanity. I bet I could have lost more if I took my diet more seriously.

Now I'm doing turbo fire... I got it really cheap with a groupon offer. I honestly love turbo fire and find Chalene so motivating and love love love the music involved... Totally pumps me up. I'd try TF first then move to insanity. I may do another round of insanity after the new year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KellBell0820
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I have Insanity but haven't done the program all the way through yet. Even when I was in good shape it was hard, so definitely not a beginners thing but it is an excellent workout.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN