Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

GymPact

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

Anyone ever hear of this phone app that you make a pact to go to the gym and if you fail you pay but if you go you earn money?

If you used it, thoughts?

I was thinking since I make it a point to hit the gym why not make some money on it.  My husband wants to research more on it before I sign up though.

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nlonnon
by Tasha on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM

NEver heard of it before.

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Seems there was a post a few months back about it

http://www.cafemom.com/group/1111/forums/read/17237959/Gympact

You have to check in and check out of the gym and have to be there for at least 30 minutes from what I've read. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I've heard of it.  With my life as crazy as it is right now, I can't afford it!  LOL

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I've honestly never heard of it!  Good luck though!

reneawesley
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Never heard of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I should try that , I'm addicted to the gym. I go every day at least once a day for about 90 mins to 2 hrs. It's so much fun, zumba and yoga are my favorite. Can you really make money? I wonder how it works?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Thats what I'm trying to find out.  I go at least 5 days a week, sometimes more.  I love going to the gym, too.  I know its a deal where if you miss your 'pact' once you get charged and you only make something like .25 each time you go but like anything it takes time to earn the rewards and I figured I'm already going to the gym why not make it earn me some cash in the meantime?

Quoting N_maricle:

I should try that , I'm addicted to the gym. I go every day at least once a day for about 90 mins to 2 hrs. It's so much fun, zumba and yoga are my favorite. Can you really make money? I wonder how it works?

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
True... If you made .25 that's about $91 a year! That's like 2 mos gym membership for me!

Quoting Vertical15:

Thats what I'm trying to find out.  I go at least 5 days a week, sometimes more.  I love going to the gym, too.  I know its a deal where if you miss your 'pact' once you get charged and you only make something like .25 each time you go but like anything it takes time to earn the rewards and I figured I'm already going to the gym why not make it earn me some cash in the meantime?

Quoting N_maricle:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I heard about it on the radio before! I would do it, but I don't have a smart phone so I don't think I can ?  darn!  ;)

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Thats more then 4 months for me.  Worth it!  I just need to get my husband to look into it and OK it before I go and sign up.

Quoting N_maricle:

True... If you made .25 that's about $91 a year! That's like 2 mos gym membership for me!

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting N_maricle:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)