Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I need help!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

Does anybody know any good workouts for a pregnant girl?

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
babyboochy
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM

hahah I want to know too!!! so far I have just been walking lots.....and wearing little ankle weights.....doesn't seem like much blah and kinda boring. After the baby I plan on doing crossfit, I am excited about that!! How far along are you Shaketa?

nlonnon
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM
If you weren't working out prior to pregnancy you should try and start something new. Stick with walking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM
*should not*

Quoting nlonnon:

If you weren't working out prior to pregnancy you should try and start something new. Stick with walking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Quoting babyboochy:

hahah I want to know too!!! so far I have just been walking lots.....and wearing little ankle weights.....doesn't seem like much blah and kinda boring. After the baby I plan on doing crossfit, I am excited about that!! How far along are you Shaketa?

I'm like 6months and this baby is bouncing way to much!

Shaketa123
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting nlonnon:

Ohk, I was wondering because other pregnant women were telling me to like jogs...So I had to make sure

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
DO NOT start running if you haven't been!! Especially not at 6 months along!!
Walking and swimming are generally considered safe, but you should ALWAYS get your provider's okay before starting a new exercise routine while pregnant. I walked, swam, lifted weights and biked throughout my pregnancy, but I was doing all of those before. Talk to your doc at the next visit and see what she says.
You can also work on improving your eating habits while you're pregnant, if they're not "perfect" (NO ONE is perfect!). You can work on getting in more veggies, drinking more water, cutting back on caloric beverages and processed foods, experimenting with recipes, etc. 80% of weight loss is about food intake, so that's important to think about, and cleaning up your diet is 100% safe while pregnant.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting nlonnon:

Ohk, I was wondering because other pregnant women were telling me to like jogs...So I had to make sure

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:35 AM

I agree with Suzanne 100%!  Good luck mama!

Quoting musicpisces:

DO NOT start running if you haven't been!! Especially not at 6 months along!!
Walking and swimming are generally considered safe, but you should ALWAYS get your provider's okay before starting a new exercise routine while pregnant. I walked, swam, lifted weights and biked throughout my pregnancy, but I was doing all of those before. Talk to your doc at the next visit and see what she says.
You can also work on improving your eating habits while you're pregnant, if they're not "perfect" (NO ONE is perfect!). You can work on getting in more veggies, drinking more water, cutting back on caloric beverages and processed foods, experimenting with recipes, etc. 80% of weight loss is about food intake, so that's important to think about, and cleaning up your diet is 100% safe while pregnant.

Quoting Shaketa123:

Quoting nlonnon:

itsm3
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM

any workout that is light to moderate is good.  avoid lifting heavy weights but you can still weight train (5-12lbs).  my friend ran marathons up until her 7th month.  my other friend competed in dragon boat right up until she gave birth!  as long as you listen to your body, you can exercise throughout your pregnancy.  eating well is a must!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

People DO run marathons and do plenty of running, but it's NOT safe if you weren't running BEFORE you were pregnant.  I plan to run through my next pregnancy (as best I can, anyway), but it is NEVER recommended to start when a woman is 6 months along.  I totally agree about weight training, but again, she should talk to her provider, who is familiar with her pregnancy, before starting any new exercise regimen.

Quoting itsm3:

any workout that is light to moderate is good.  avoid lifting heavy weights but you can still weight train (5-12lbs).  my friend ran marathons up until her 7th month.  my other friend competed in dragon boat right up until she gave birth!  as long as you listen to your body, you can exercise throughout your pregnancy.  eating well is a must!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN