Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm new, need some help starting a workout routine!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hi, my name is Theresa and I'm new to this group. I really need some help starting a workout routine, if anyone knows of any sites that can give me free printable workout exersizes I would really appreciate it. Ive only been working out for 2 days now, in the past few weeks I've started but kept putting it off. I really want to look and feel better about myself and I know this will get me there. I am fully commited to loosing weight and becoming healthier. If anyone has any tips or advice I would really appreciate it. I'm 5'9'' and recently reached 210lbs, the heaviest Ive ever been. I have some sever love handles, so any tips about getting rid of those/arm flab/belly flab I would really appreciate it! I cant really walk where I live because it is in the 30's everyday now, so its too cold for my 9month old to be out in. Any tips or sites or advice I would really appreciate it! I've been doing a simple workout plan that I got from old Cosmo magazines (haha) and it seems to be working I can definetly feel it, but I was told I really need to do more cardio. So any tips? Thank you in advance!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mistyiis
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Since you can't really walk there, check out YouTube for some cardio exercises. I know there's Zumba on there. Or, dance around your house to some good old 80's tunes. Do that for 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week added to what you are currently doing.

I'm recently back on the exercise wagon. I hope that helps.

Keep posting your progress and good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes zumba! Soo much fun! Yoga can also a wonderful way to sculpt arms and legs and also back and midsection. It also improves your posture and balance, making you appear longer leaner and more graceful. Combine Zumba and yoga with a great pilates ab routine. Google "Pilates core abdominal routine" and you should find some great YouTube videos. I used to consider myself an apple shape, but Pilates has been working! My waist is actually getting more narrow!
Do the Pilates everytime you work out (5 times a week is good) Zumba 2-3 times a week, yoga 2-3 times a week. Running on the treadmill is boring but effective as well. Elliptical is really good too. If you get into a good book cardio time flies by!

Quoting mistyiis:

Since you can't really walk there, check out YouTube for some cardio exercises. I know there's Zumba on there. Or, dance around your house to some good old 80's tunes. Do that for 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week added to what you are currently doing.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Workout videos are awesome, youtube, Netflix, hulu, or even used copies on Amazon (I bought my favorite for $2 used) are great ways to get workouts in at home. :)

nlonnon
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  I'd ditto all the above repsonses!

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a smart phone or a tablet?  I do the Daily Cardio workout app, then Daily legs or arms when I can... 

reneawesley
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frzmamaof4
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm new as well and this would be a great start for me!

Quoting N_maricle:

Yes zumba! Soo much fun! Yoga can also a wonderful way to sculpt arms and legs and also back and midsection. It also improves your posture and balance, making you appear longer leaner and more graceful. Combine Zumba and yoga with a great pilates ab routine. Google "Pilates core abdominal routine" and you should find some great YouTube videos. I used to consider myself an apple shape, but Pilates has been working! My waist is actually getting more narrow!

Do the Pilates everytime you work out (5 times a week is good) Zumba 2-3 times a week, yoga 2-3 times a week. Running on the treadmill is boring but effective as well. Elliptical is really good too. If you get into a good book cardio time flies by!

Quoting mistyiis:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistyiis
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM
If anyone is interested, I've started a private group on Facebook for people just like us! Send me a friend request and I'll add you to the group. I find it easier to stay accountable when I know others are struggling along with me. I don't have a workout partner so this was my next best thing. You'll have to search my email address on FB - imahogg8@yahoo.com.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chontaflowers
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Hey girlie...you are not alone. You can do this. I lost 60lbs last year and I never stepped foot in a gym because I had a newborn and it was just too much so I went with home workout products which were so worth it. I know you are looking for something free so you can check out bodyrock.tv. I heard that had some great content. If you look in magazines like shape and fitness they usually also have homeworkout moves and tips that you can do.

However, one of the best deals I have seen going is the cyber Monday deal Beachbody has going on today. Programs like Hip hop Abs and Body Gospel which are both fantastic are on sal today only for $25.00. They are like 62% off. They come with a schedule you can follow that tells which exercise DVD to do and it includes nutrition info, recipes and peer support with a Beachbody Coach.

Here is the link if anyone is interested

http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/holidayoffer?referringRepId=110190 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
You can get some great strength moves from sparkpeople.com and from oxygenmag.com (the site of my favorite fitness magazine). The ladies listed some great sources for videos! You can even get them at the library or on demand if you have cable. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN