Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Barefoot workout? PIOG

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 18 Replies

Does anyone know any good barefoot workouts?  I hate wearing sneakers to exercise.  I found one on FIOS called Sexy Sassy workout/dance/cooldown  and that one is fun...

Margaret

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anikahaynes1
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I do all workouts barefoot we have a carpeted living room so it's hard to exercise with shoes on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Do you mean barefoot?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Yes, can't believe I spelled it wrong twice! LOL!

Quoting sleepymommy87:

Do you mean barefoot?

Margaret

sleepymommy87
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I was like a barefood workout.. Like running on a treadmill while eating a condiment less hot dog? Haha :P

Quoting emilyrosenj:

Yes, can't believe I spelled it wrong twice! LOL!

Quoting sleepymommy87:

Do you mean barefoot?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bc19
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I do all my workout DVDs barefoot, the only time I put on shoes is for my elliptical or when I go outside
emilyrosenj
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I do for the low impact stuff and yoga, but for the high impact I'm afraid of hurting my feet because I'm so heavy...

Quoting bc19:

I do all my workout DVDs barefoot, the only time I put on shoes is for my elliptical or when I go outside

Margaret

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I always did my workout DVDs barefoot.  Jillian no more trouble zones, 30 day shred, ripped in 30, kickboxing workouts. lol

tairakittie
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM
I do them all barefoot, 30 day shred, yoga meltdown, crunch cardio salsa, etc. :)
itsm3
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:16 PM

yoga is the only one i know of.  every other impact exericse needs shoes otherwise your body (joints etc) will absorb the impact which isn't good for you and can actually hurt you in the long run

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I do all of my at-home workouts barefoot (we have a no-shoes rule). Even when I was over 250 lbs, I did my Jillian Michaels DVDs barefoot. But we also had/have carpet. I think as long as you're landing properly (soft knees, letting the ball of your foot hit first then the rest of your foot, etc), you'll be okay.

Quoting emilyrosenj:

I do for the low impact stuff and yoga, but for the high impact I'm afraid of hurting my feet because I'm so heavy...

Quoting bc19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)