Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What program are you following to lose weight?

Just curious to know what everyone here is doing to lose weight?

Counting calories?

Weight Watchers?

Low Carb?

Etc?

Please share! :)

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
lhiannan
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I'm not doing anything right now, since I'm pregnant, but after the baby comes, I'm going to do Turbojam and then Turbofire along with eating healthy and nursing.

aprilmom73
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I am eating healthier but am also doing Body By Vi to cut down on my constant snacking. The first time I went on it I lost 16 pounds. Then I took a break and the snacking started again and I gained more back. So I am back at it again. When my knees stop hurting I am either going to start going to the gym or take more walks.

eema.gray
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Pretty much this.  I don't track calories either (I eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full).

Exercise is lots of small "workouts" throughout my day - yoga, pilates, ballet, crossfit kids (CF scaled down for kids of different age ranges, I scale back up for myself, LOL), other kid friendly stuff that doesn't focus too much on cardio.  Just bought new heavier weights so I can really push myself on the crossfit weight components now.

Quoting roxysmommy:

Primal. Basically eating clean, grain-free, legume free, high fat, high protein, low carb. Exercise and have fun :)

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
mom_3.0
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Counting calories. I had to estimate for the holidays, unfortunately. But the holidays are over and I'm determined to get back into the "game"

The reason I count calories is because I cannot fathom not doing it - it would be like going at it "blind" to me. So far, counting has worked wonders...21 lbs gone in 2 months. I strive for 1500 a day, lots of veggies & fruit :)

ttc1rainbow
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Over the summer I started using my fitness pal online and the app on my phone. To count my calorie, fat and protien intake. It was a great way to hold myself accountable when eating, and helped me make healthier choices, veggie sticks over a candy bar for example. I didn't want to see those "bad" foods on my food diary! I did a lot of research myself on ways to introduce and stick to healthy eating. I didn't follow a particular diet. I did my own high protien, low cal/fat diet. I also ate 6 small meals a day, and drank about 8 to ten bottles of water. (a 26oz bottle) I also tracked my excercise on MFP.com too, which was also a great way to hold myself accountable and keep me motivated to work out! I looked forward to weighing in every week! For a work out, I walked every other day for 32 mins, and other days did my zumba on my xbox for 30 mins. After two weeks of that, I then added a 15 minute weight routine three times a week.

I'm going to be doing this all over again for the new year. Right now, I'm simply focusing on the eating aspect. January first, comes the work out again!

sham09
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM

40 min stair stepper and 20 min free weights mon through sat.I going to start hip hop abs three days a week and may try the 15 min change your  body by shawn t..I have a huge water bottle and i feel it but after coffee inthe morning and have it drunk by the afternoon...I am eatting veggies,protein andfruit and watching carbs...

EiuGirl316
by Leah on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Counting calories and exercise :-)

ladybugchar
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I have read about that. How is it going for you?

Quoting Jos40:

Dukan Diet !

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jos40
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:54 PM
So far down 26 pounds but been at about the same wight since July. Hit plateau and then just lost ambition. Haven't gained though!! I bet if I exercised it would make all the difference. The plan is to lose the next 20 in the new year!!!!!

Quoting ladybugchar:

I have read about that. How is it going for you?

Quoting Jos40:

Dukan Diet !

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenschex79
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Just trying to pick healthy foods and exercise.  Mostly just try to use common sense and if I have any questions look it up on the inernet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN