Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

20 lbs gone.. but not looking any better..

needs a workout buddy... and a new routine. this isn't working anymore.. starting christmas break i am going to rock it somehow and get a better looking and feeling me!!

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Replies (11-19):
reneawesley
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GloBug62
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Good job on losing 20lbs, that is amazing. Do you incorporate any strength training in your exercise? Sometimes just dropping pounds doesn't make our bodies look better, in our own eyes, you might try some more muscle toning exercises.

LovingMomma1202
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM

di need better weights.. I only have little 3 lbers and my hubby's massive 20 lbers.. the 20 is too heavy and the 3 is WAY too light.. I can do the 20 with both hands and push it up from my chest  *bench press it* and I can do that like 10-20 times depending on my stamina.. I have noticed a decrease in myself my pants are too loose and my shirts fit better.. my bra's are huge now.. lol.. but I still look so bloated that someone asked me if I was preggers.. :( I just want the bloat to go away.. my tummy is the most obnoxious thing around.. I power walk, i jog every day.. i plank and sit ups every 3rd day and i do stairs almost all day. I go to school for massage therapy which is a great workout but even that's not making me sweat as much as it used too. :(  so i am harsh on myself because of my tummy.. i am not sure how to get this big ol belly to go bye bye..

roxysmommy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Taking pictures really helped me to see the differences even if they were small. Measurements can also be a great way to track your progress.  Twenty pounds is a huge success, just keep going, mix it up! Have you tried anything like HIIT (high intensity interval training)? It's really great and typically short duration so it's easy to fit into your day a few times a week it's also easy to mix up by switching out the moves that you do.

LovingMomma1202
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM

well my tunnmy and thighs have gone down.. but I am afraid that the tummy issue is coming back again.. I am bloated again.. I busted my ankle again so I can't do much anymore... I fell trying to avoid a puddle yesterday on the way to school.. it's swollen and achy. I feel so blah again. Stressors are making me eat badly again and that's probably the cause for the bloat. :( I've gained back 7 of the 20 i've lost and I hate it.. 

javamama86
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Email me!
teamfitness13@gmail.com
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovingMomma1202
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM

ok Java. I am emailing you.. not sure what to put other than HI

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I'm sure the 20 lbs made a difference, you may just not be able to see it (trust me I'm the same way. I lost 20 lbs one year and I only noticed because someone else brought it up and when I thought about it, all my clothes were falling off). I'm sure you look great, but there's nothing wrong with switching things up, sounds like you've done good so far! Good luck!

LovingMomma1202
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM

putting myself under stress with school, and home life has had me gain a few lbs back.. i am back up to 163 but my clothes are still falling off so maybe it's just muscle now.. I don't know.. My clothes still fit better than they did but I still think I need something more.. I can't wait till spring and summer come so I can get out with the kids.. play with the soccar ball and football just wish I had another break somewhere in there no more breaks from now till oct when I graduate.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)