Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Holiday Challenge: Day 2 Healthy Snacks

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM
  • 118 Replies
1 mom liked this

Welcome to Day 2 of the Holiday Challenge!

During the holidays it seems as if everywhere you go, you are tempted with seasonal treats that are oh so delicious but oh so bad for your weight loss.
Whether in the break room at work, in the bank lobby,  or at the grocery store during sample Saturday, you can resist the temptation.

Keeping a healthy 'emergency' snack on hand in your purse, car or desk will help satisfy your cravings and prevent you from giving in to sugary sweet temptation.

What types of healthy snacks do you keep on hand?

Do you have an 'emergency' stash when you are out and about?

holding ornamentsOne member who signs up for our Holiday Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join Our Holiday Challenge-WIN a $25 Gift Card and other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I eat low carb so I always have a single serve bag of almonds for healthy eating emergencies.

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:34 AM
I make homemade trailmix, or bring goldfish, chex mix, kix and a sippy everywhere we go just in case a snack attack hits dd while we are out. If we are going somewhere for a while i bring her lunchbox with yogurt and string cheese etc
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I don't keep snacks on hand while out as I am a SAHM. I keep a 32 oz bottle of water with me in the van and I don't get the urge to snack. At home, I eat veggies and hummus or nuts if I need a quick pick me up. I'm not a good snacker honestly... I eat my 3 meals and will occasionally eat a snack in the afternoon or the evening, but not often. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I keep a snack size bag of sunflower seeds or almonds on hand, and if the temptations get too bad I'll chew on some gum.

MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I carry fiber one & slim fast bars in my purse for when I crave sweets, it really does help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I don't really get to keep any snacks on hand.. we're struggling to keep food in the house... I make sure my kids eat dinner, and eat something smaller on the side. 

I like to have fruits, but they are super expensive with them being out of season, right now. 

TippyD
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM

we stick with applesauce and yogurt.. a favorite is avocados.. i need to get better about keeping fruits and veggies handy!

aasyouwishh
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I always have my huge water bottle with me, and occasionally I'll remember to bring a banana or carrots.
Momrr
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I always have almonds, sunflower nuts, or a granola bar in my purse. Helps curve the bad snack craving and keeps my kids healthy too.

Bookwormy
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Weight Watchers single serve snacks. Or we bring cut fruit to parties, since fruit is 0 points plus & *love* it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)