Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

SHAKOLOGY!?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM
  • 62 Replies

So I have been checking out shakology and have seen some great reviews!! I am considering giving it a try!! Have any of you guys tried it? I am 24.5 weeks pregnant and am going to ask my Dr. what she thinks about it when I go for my appt. on Friday, just wanted some feedback from real people who have tried or are also considering trying it :) with that said I think it will be a great pair for the low intensity workouts ive started, yoga & aqua aerobics ( the aqua aerobics was kinda boring but kinda fun, didn't really feel like a workout but it cant hurt so i am going to continue to do them :)) trying to do some damage control so it won't be as hard as I have heard it will be to get rid of the baby weight after March!! Thanks ladies!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tress1986
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM
My husband and i both drink it every day for lunch. I took it throughout my whole pregnancy as my prenatal and glad i did :) between p90x and shakeology i went from 185 to 122 prety easy. then got pregnant of course. Had my baby and drinking shakeology and doing insanity. If you have any questions i would be happy to answer them. Ive been taking the stuff for two years and im addicted .:D
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babyboochy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM

sounds like some good stuff!!!!  I wish I could try just one of each flavor before spending over 100$ on it lol.  I also read somewhere that if u drink the shakology u can't take regular prenatal vitamins. How do you like the grren berry kind? 

babyboochy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

if I gain the amount my Dr. said which is about 25 pounds ill be 185. I wanna be 130 ish lol. I am scared i am gonna blow up after the baby haha. 

Tress1986
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM
I didnt take regular prenatals but i only gained 27 lbs not too shabby compared to my other three pregnancies. I think working out and shakeology(it helped with cravings) had to do with that.
babyboochy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I have been doing lighter workouts, i am excited to start doing intense workouts as soon as i can after the baby....it's making it seem like forever haha. 

Tress1986
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Have you looked into their dvd sets? I wouldnt recommend too much working out while pregnant.BUT after you have the baby working out will be tough to find the time. I would recommend p90x cause it is easy to put in your dvd while the baby is down for a nap. Its the only thing that worked for me . Tomorrow i will have to post my before and after photos after p90x and shakeology.
Tress1986
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I have 4 kids and i was going crazy not working out the last trimester. I did a 5k race at 25 weeks pregnant i was really into fitness the first two trimesters but too much on the last. Dr was laughing at me at my 6 week check up cause i was like please let me workout now! It was tough with four kids the first 6 months especially with eric waking up to feed 3-4 times a night.
babyboochy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

oh man. sounds like ive got my work cut out for me hahaha. and this is going to be my 1st!! I will def check out the P90X also!! I like that it can be done at home.....guess i'll be there a lot haha.  what flavor shake do you like the best?

babyboochy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I def want to try either insanity or P90X. I haven't done either of them before but I heard a lot of good things about both. I also want to start xfit but the P90X and stuff can be done at home so idk yet. I know I wanna do something crazy haha. i love to feel all sweaty and sore or I just don't feel like I really did anything.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  If you want to drink those shakes for a supplement for workouts, I think that's okay, but I wouldn't replace your meals with those shakes.  I also wouldn't start any new workouts while you're pregnant...just continue with what you're currently doing.  Good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN