Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to this... thought id try

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

hey ladies,

i am like many of you lovely ladies struggling to lose weight....i was thin my whole life until my mid 20's....ive had 3 kids and i am now just over 200lbs....i gained over 60 with my last child who is almost 4 and i havent really lost any of that weight....i have a real hard time with food.....i can go all day and be good but as soon as i eat dinner, i start craving sweets.....i work nights till about 11pm and i am always hungry when i get home and will sometimes eat something that late....its like i cant tolerate being hungry what so ever...now i have a desk job and that doesnt help. i am constantly bored and i think i have an oral fixation of some sort :) (good for the dh!!)....

i have absolutelty no motivation throughtout the day to do any sort of excerise....i am always tired and i know its because of my weight...my dh says he loves me no matter what but is scared for my health....i am constantly finding myself envious of all these thin woman around me,.......its almost like im addicted to food....i will debate every night after work whether i want to go to a drive thru and get something...i was once a model and felt so good about myself.....maybe encouragement from this post will help!!!

thanks for listenening.......

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
reneawesley
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Welcome! You can do this. 

roxysmommy
by Sarah on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM

There is a ton of good information here and really helpful women. You can do it! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:43 AM

Welcome!  Glad you're here mama!

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:44 AM
Welcome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! 

Here are some ideas for you: 

Plan your meals- marinate what needs to marinate, grill chicken ahead of time so you have it throughout the week for salads, sandwiches, wraps, etc...

Make up snack bags into individual portions- nuts, veggies, fruit....

Drink water all day long- many people mistake thirst for hunger and by the time you feel thirsty, it is too late, you are already dehydrated. 

Chew gum, brush your teeth, go for a walk...all of those things will help curb the "oral fixation" or boredom that leads to snacking. 

Ditch the junk food. Seriously, if it is not there, you can't eat it. 

Workouts- Part of the reason you are tired is due to inactivity. If you workout, you will feel tired in that moment, but after about 30 minutes, your body will recover and you will have more energy than you know what to do with. Have you tried any workout DVDs? They are affordable and easy to use at home. You can also stream on Netflix, hulu and youtube as well as On Demand. 

You can do it!!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

N_maricle
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Ive been there. I gained 50 lbs with ds1 and was ashamed to admit that I had become so out of shape that simple tasks like getting down on the floor with my babies was tough. Im in my mid 20s but I felt so sluggish that my 60 year old mother was more able bodied than I was. 

I started making changes in August. For me, finding excersise that I love made everything come together. I joined la fitness and started taking Zumba and yoga. Taking classes works best for me, because it pushes me to keep at it for a full hour. When I was excersising at home, I would only go for maybe 20 minutes before losing motivation. The classes were difficult at first, I won't lie, and I really wanted to give up at first, but I didn't give up. And that made me feel super proud of myself. Then as the weeks went on, I started to see wonderful changes in my body. That made me want to work out more and more. 

Anyway, it's been about 4 months and I went from 165 to 140 so far! You can do it! Find something you enjoy doing and get active!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:29 AM
Welcome to the group!
Changing those habits is hard, but it can be done. I've been on my journey for almost 3 years, and it's still hard not to eat out of boredom (after doing it for 30+ years). Plus, I tend to eat to stay awake while studying (no danger there-ha!). It's tough! But it can be beat.
Write out why you want to lose weight and get healthy. Write down the stuff you're sick of. For me, I was scared for my health, too. I was 269 lbs, and developing high blood pressure at 29 with a very strong family history of heart disease. It scared the hell out of me!! Plus, I was sick of my weight holding me back, not being able to keep up in life, getting winded going up a flight of stairs, worrying about weight limits, wondering when I'd outgrow Lane Bryant, avoiding cameras... Yeah, I was fed up!! Hitting rock bottom helped, too. But take some time and write this stuff out for yourself. You don't have to worry about embarrassing or shallow stuff, because this is for your eyes only. So if it motivates you, write it down!! Then write that you DESERVE to feel good about yourself, that you DESERVE to be healthy! You are worth it!!!!! Find the things that motivate YOU, and let them keep you fueled as you go along your journey. Do this periodically, too. Your reasons will change as you go. Now that I'm in the 160s, my focus has shifted. I'm no longer worried about my health (not nearly as much, anyway), but I've learned to love running (didn't see that coming 100+ lbs ago!!), so I have running goals. I have more weight to lose, and I have those goals, too, but my goals are more focused on more specific things now.
Find what motivates you. It's there! You'll find it!
Then, figure out what works for you. I'm gone most days for 12+ hours, and so I've found that packing food with me saves me time, money, and calories. It's taken time to figure out what foods work for me for this, but I've done it with patience and experimentation. I highly suggest this for work. It doesn't have to be complicated. I do a lot of carrots and hummus, throw together an easy salad, Greek yogurt (plain) with maple syrup and berries, then I'll add some chia seeds and cereal (love Kashi Go Lean!) right before I eat it. These are all very easy to pack.
You can do it!! We're here for support!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)