Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Does this seem right?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM
  • 8 Replies
okay so i bought a polar ft4 heart rate monitor watch, set it up today and did the cardio 2 dvd of jillian michaels body revolution. i was working pretty hard and when i finished i checked calories burned and it said 300. i was a little disappointed...the reason i bought body revolution was so i wouldn't have to go to the gym everyday and run, i have a seven month old and my schedule gets pretty hectic. should i be working out more in addition to the dvd or did i burn enough calories to lose weight? according to mfp i should be eating abou 1500 calories a day for healthy weight loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
aprilsalcro
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM
That calorie burn sounds about right. How many pounds a week are you wanting to lose? Half pound , one pound or two. It's a personal preference if you want to do more exercising to your routine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Also I'd get one of the lovely ladies in here to do your bmr to make Sure you are eating enough especially if you bf
They will need your age, weight, how tall you are, bf or not, and many days you work out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missymackie
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM
thanks for replying :). i'm aiming to lose about a pound or pound and a half per week

Quoting aprilsalcro:

That calorie burn sounds about right. How many pounds a week are you wanting to lose? Half pound , one pound or two. It's a personal preference if you want to do more exercising to your routine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Sounds like a good amout. Just leave your info about^^^ (the other reply I made )they can give you the info on how many calories you should be eating

Quoting missymackie:

thanks for replying :). i'm aiming to lose about a pound or pound and a half per week

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Yea 300 calories in a 30 minute workout is great!  On myfitnesspal, when you add the 300 calories, it should then up your calories to eat to 1800.  If you follow the calorie goal on myfitnesspal, and are honest with your logging, have your settings set up right (sedentary vs lightly active and so on), you *should* lose weight like mfp says.  good luck!

missymackie
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM
thank you, i will!

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Sounds like a good amout. Just leave your info about^^^ (the other reply I made )they can give you the info on how many calories you should be eating

Quoting missymackie:

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missymackie
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM
thank you!

Quoting Stefanie83:

Yea 300 calories in a 30 minute workout is great!  On myfitnesspal, when you add the 300 calories, it should then up your calories to eat to 1800.  If you follow the calorie goal on myfitnesspal, and are honest with your logging, have your settings set up right (sedentary vs lightly active and so on), you *should* lose weight like mfp says.  good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Feel free to message me if you want me to do your BMR...I need your age, height, weight, and number of days you workout each week.  You can do this mama!  That's a great burn by the way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN