Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Holiday Challenge: Day 5 Accountibility Partner

Welcome to Day 5 of the Holiday Challenge!

During the holidays, we are surrounded by friends and family. Recruit one or two of or your most trusted allies, and share with them your goals for staying on track during the holidays.

Being accountable to someone other than yourself, will help you make better choices when faced with holiday indulgence.

Do you have an accountability partner in your weight loss journey?

Do you think having an accountability partner would give you that extra push to help you meet your goals?

holding ornamentsOne member who signs up for our Holiday Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join Our Holiday Challenge-WIN a $25 Gift Card and other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
countrygirlkat
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I have tried to have DH be this person for me but I don't think he is very commited to his weight loss goal at this point so I need to find somebody else. 

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:41 AM

My sister and I are helping each other to stay on track!

BelindaDuvessa
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Do you have an accountability partner in your weight loss journey?  Yes and no.  I use My Fitness Pal as well as Sparkpeople.com.  On both sites, I have friends who will cheer me on as well as help lift me up if I'm struggling.  However, out in the real world, I don't feel as if I really have anyone to support me.  My husband does, to a point, but not as much as I would like.

Do you think having an accountability partner would give you that extra push to help you meet your goals?  Absolutely.  While having people online to cheer me on is great, I just wish my husband showed more of an interest in supporting me, or better yet, wanted to make the journey with me.  Neither of us has alot to lose, but we would both benefit if we supported one another.

reneawesley
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I do not have one and have been successful. I do workout with my sister because she just started. 

MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:08 AM
My sister & I share weight loss goals achievments & down falls we keep each other motivated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
manifer_momma
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I don't have one but it'd be nice to have one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reesesami
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM
I do not have one but I think it would help. I would like my husband to join me but he isn't up to working as hard as I like. I need to change that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3cutiebugs
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:52 AM
My bestie and I have been doing thos together for a year now. She's made her goal weight but we still report to eachother everyday :) whenever I have a success or fail she's the first to hear about it.
I absolutely think it's important to have someone to support you, and who you can support as well :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM

No I don't itwould be nice to have a accountability partner

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I wish my husband would commit.  He wants to be on this journey but he never really likes to do it with anyone.  I have my sisters but no one right next to me....which i really need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)