Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Holiday Challenge: Day 7 Low Calorie Treats

Welcome to Day 7 of the Holiday Challenge!

On day 1 of the Holiday Challenge, I asked what your holiday food temptations were. The most common answers were cookies and eggnog.

Below are a couple healthier choice, lower calorie holiday recipes for you to try.

Holiday Spice Cut-Out Cookies

HungryGirls No-Nonsense Nog

Do you have any low fat/low calorie holiday recipes to share?

Do you make low fat/low calorie treats during the holidays?

holding ornamentsOne member who signs up for our Holiday Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join Our Holiday Challenge-WIN a $25 Gift Card and other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Replies (41-50):
steph21078
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM

No, I don't make low fat treats

ripemango
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM

i don't have any to share. i'm trying to think if we make anything that fits that description. Nuts are always around but w the way ppl eat them, I doubt that is healthy.

We have plenty of veggies for the big meal, but I think u meant nibble food and snacks.

i think my chex mix may be the closest to healthy thing i make.......

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

ripemango
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

i love this! thanks for sharing Roma!

DH was told by some1 who is diabetic I think that she gets a dessert ice cream sandwich fix when she puts cool whip btwn two graham cracker sheets and freezes them. I'm not that big on graham crackers but he's been wanting to try it so we will prob have cool whip around for the holidays.

I'm gonna try your parfait.

Quoting romalove:

I always offer frozen berries with Cool Whip as a dessert on holidays as an alternative to the typical high calorie fare.  It's hard to watch your diet when everyone else has something good to eat.  I layer into champagne glasses frozen mixed berries, and alternate with Cool Whip to make low calorie healthy parfait.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Everything in moderation. I do not really have low fat treats but I do watch my intake.

Bob192
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I don't do low fat, I just try to monitor how much I eat.

Jillysmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:27 PM
replace the oil with applesauce, use fat free when I can and 1% milk instead of whole
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mena929
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM
I splurge and go all out with holiday baking. I just try to eat very small portions of whatever it is :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lhlady517
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I like the WW pumpkin spice cake: 1 can pumplin (not the pie mix) and 1 box spice cake mix.  (Some add water, I never have and it turns out a lot like gingerbread.)

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM
The egg nog looks good :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnvplus2
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I don't have any low fat recipes. My family has never made any low fat foods during holidays.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)