Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What not to do when you are trying to lose weight...(warning: underwear Pictures!)

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:50 AM
  • 78 Replies

I am my own devil :( I have gained a lot of weight I took some pics a few weeks ago and some just a few minutes ago. There might be an issue with me not having my hands up high in the air also, so I may be looking too into this, but it seems I have gained a lot of weight. I had been drinking soda again (bad choice for sure...drink it almost 3x a day again.) I eat out all the time (just to avoid doing dishes...I know horrible, but I am about to change that, starting today). I have some before and after pics...the before you have probably already seen, but I am doing the after also, which I am not proud of, but if I let everyone see how horrible I have done maybe that will motivate me even more. I also have not been walking at all lately either, which is not good.

If you think that me having my arms up in the air makes a whole lot of difference, please tell me, I will have someone else take the pics next time and I will make sure I am in the same poses. Sorry for the granny panties :( and I am heavy so some of these pics might not look great at all.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After: I don't think the granny panties did me any justice :(

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma0ffive
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM
well as long as you're planning to do something about it that's all you can do right.... don't beat your self up. how much weight do you want to lose
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meliscool72
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I have not got on the scale in a while, but if I am around 250 about 80lbs

I am trying not to beat myself up, but it is kind of hard not to since I am wanting to lose the weight and blowing it miserably

Quoting momma0ffive:

well as long as you're planning to do something about it that's all you can do right.... don't beat your self up. how much weight do you want to lose

momma0ffive
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:58 AM
I've been saying for two years I want to lose weight and haven't yet.... its hard especially when you don't see any change right away. you give up.... I know how you feel. sometimes you got to just love you as you are... or find something to keep you motivated!

Quoting meliscool72:

I have not got on the scale in a while, but if I am around 250 about 80lbs

I am trying not to beat myself up, but it is kind of hard not to since I am wanting to lose the weight and blowing it miserably

Quoting momma0ffive:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Big hugs, mama.  I've been there, and it's so hard!!  One thing that I think is really important is to give yourself some credit and value.  You DESERVE to reach your goals.  You are WORTH it!!  Start making better choices NOW.  What will you change tomorrow?  You don't have to get drastic, but vow to avoid soda all day, or eat 5 servings of veggies, or something else achievable but worth celebrating when you do would be smart.  Then celebrate when you succeed!  Every single success deserves celebration!  That's one thing that I feel has really helped me- focus on the positive.  Use each misstep as an opportunity to learn and improve.

YOU CAN DO THIS.  It's within you to succeed!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

stephy87
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Just cut out the soda and sugary snacks. Eat every three hours. Don't make yourself full. You'll start seeing differences in yourself after people do. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:09 AM

I agree with Suzanne here.  You can do this mama!

Quoting musicpisces:

Big hugs, mama.  I've been there, and it's so hard!!  One thing that I think is really important is to give yourself some credit and value.  You DESERVE to reach your goals.  You are WORTH it!!  Start making better choices NOW.  What will you change tomorrow?  You don't have to get drastic, but vow to avoid soda all day, or eat 5 servings of veggies, or something else achievable but worth celebrating when you do would be smart.  Then celebrate when you succeed!  Every single success deserves celebration!  That's one thing that I feel has really helped me- focus on the positive.  Use each misstep as an opportunity to learn and improve.

flowrsgalore
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought the comment on eating out b/c you hate doing dishes had some validity. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen cleaning up after meals & I hate it too. We probably would eat out more, but we just don't have good restaurant options. So cook & clean it is. I guess one way to look at is that it's pretty hard to eat when you have dish gloves on standing at the sink. Good luck, keep up the efforts.

nlonnon
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I bet you'll notice a difference pretty quickly since you are cutting out the soda and eating out!  Good luck!

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM

You can do it!  I lost 85 lbs and it took me 18 months.  You've realized you got off track and now you're going to get back on track.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  Keep your long term goal in mind.  If you have a few bad days, just make the next day better!  Good luck mama!!!

Do you track your food/calories on any website/app like sparkpeople or myfitnesspal ?

meliscool72
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM

my first thing is taking baby steps and having soda every other day with at least 100 fl oz of water and the other off days maybe trying 200 fl oz of water. I got these 50 fl oz water bottles from work and have been collecting them so hopefully that will help me since I hate drinking from glasses (another one of my mistakes because I drink straight from a 2 lt bottle of soda instead of pouring a glass each time)

Quoting musicpisces:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN