Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A sure-fire way to stop cravings.....

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:09 AM
  • 9 Replies

Before you eat that cheat/treat,.......before you go shopping,......google the FDA regulations and what they allow as "filth" in our premade/packaged foods. I am on day 2 after viewing that and have been grocery shopping and it worked wonders for me. It's not like I didn't buy some whole wheat bread, Milk, waffles frozen, Ice cream, for my child cause I did but, I couldn't stomach anything else that wasn't a produce and even that will be cleaned/scraped better than I already always clean it anyway.

Had it all been up to me, we would of come home with only whole produce.

I was already a germphobic when it comes to premade food,.......including any premade organic foods, its not like their factories only have organic rats/bugs running around cause you dont know how far they traveled before getting to factories..........

Go ahead if you dare look it up, then save lots n grocery bills, and no worry cheating on diets for awhile.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:10 AM

LOL, yeah, that stuff is scary!  The "acceptable" levels of horrible substances in our foods are enough to make you want to live off the land and grow your own food 100%!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

frecklesthehen
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:48 AM
5 moms liked this

i've done that before, and im over it.

i cant expect all the farmers to never ever harvest a grasshopper with my grains. and i raise pigs, so i know what goes into that (they do go to market drug free, i promise).. but you have to be realistic. flies happen, bugs happen. even if you grow your own stuff, there is still things to deal with.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:40 AM

I know what you mean...I will look it up!  Thanks for sharing.

MamaKarrot
by Karen on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I don't know if I can.  I'm scared.

nlonnon
by Tasha on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Quoting MamaKarrot:

Me too...I had to stop eating hotdogs after watching Reading Rainbow when I was little.  Not sure I want to know much more.

kingkongsmom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:41 PM

lol, too funny but your entitled to be scared,lol.

stick out tongue minilol.

Quoting MamaKarrot:

Me too...I had to stop eating hotdogs after watching Reading Rainbow when I was little.  Not sure I want to know much more.

kingkongsmom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:59 PM

sure there are always things to deal with, doing your own tho makes things more acceptable I think cause you can be cleaner and mass produced just isnt that careful and how does FDA know its like 2-2 1/2 rat hairs or a specific amount of rat poop, bugs,..............I have never seen a rat with a hair cut have you?

and its like fast food, when I still ate it ( extremely rare now on a need to only basis) how many countless times you see a cashier handle money then food directly and never wear gloves? Just what are process workers using? have they actually washed hands,..cause eventually some of that food is often being handled or a machine part worked on.....

After I learned what happen in alot of school cafaterias', I cant eat there either, my son wanted to eat school lunches when he had attended 2 1/2 wks but its just nastier.

I did it again, was considering snack but, no longer care for anything.

Quoting frecklesthehen:

i've done that before, and im over it.

i cant expect all the farmers to never ever harvest a grasshopper with my grains. and i raise pigs, so i know what goes into that (they do go to market drug free, i promise).. but you have to be realistic. flies happen, bugs happen. even if you grow your own stuff, there is still things to deal with.

Aphalicious
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Yeah I so know all about this. A friend worked in a school Cafeteria and came home early sick as a dog. I asked her if she was ill and she told me no but would never eat green beans again. I asked her why and she told me they were prepping the green beans for the kids lunch and in one of the cans way a rat tail and hair. The school of course pulled the food from the line and tossed out all their cans from that company way but still. If the goverment allows that in our school systems Imagine what they allow in non goverment places like factories who supply food to our grocery stores!

P.s. Not to mention how I will never eat canned clam chowder again as I opened up a can their was a HUGE roach in it. Yeah If that is ok then yuck! It's why i buy frozen foods and wash them

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM

eh...I know there is a lot of stuff I don't *really* want to know about in the food...but I still eat!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)