Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Why I want to lose weight

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
  • 20 Replies

I used to look like this   please dont look at the background dont remember what was up with that lol.   I was not a teenager ( though i looked like one lol) I think I was 25 in this pic. 

and then I looked like this at 33 I want to look the way I used to.

See what I mean.      Do you want to look the way you used to ?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BelindaDuvessa
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Yes and no.  After 4 kids, I don't at all expect to be as small as I was in my early 20's.  I would, however, like to get myself fit.

aprilsalcro
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I wanted to :/ but realistically I don't. I have a lot of loose skin from losing the weight. I'm doing my best to tone everything up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't want to look like I used to.  I want to look like the mature me that is healthy and fit.

itsm3
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM

i just did a "one year later" blog post with a picture comparison.

i'm in better shape now at 36 than when i was younger and basically lived at the gym.  i may not have as much muscle as i did back then (not yet anyway -- i was heavily into power lifting back then) but my cardio endurance is through the roof so from that, i say i'm in much better shape than i was in my 20s.

so, just take your time, set your goals and tackle each goal one at a time.  be patient -- it's taken me almost a year to get into this shape so patience and determination is KEY. 

good luck.  you can do it!

aprilsalcro
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM
It's nice to put a picture to those fabulous abs you have !

Quoting itsm3:

i just did a "one year later" blog post with a picture comparison.

i'm in better shape now at 36 than when i was younger and basically lived at the gym.  i may not have as much muscle as i did back then (not yet anyway -- i was heavily into power lifting back then) but my cardio endurance is through the roof so from that, i say i'm in much better shape than i was in my 20s.

so, just take your time, set your goals and tackle each goal one at a time.  be patient -- it's taken me almost a year to get into this shape so patience and determination is KEY. 

good luck.  you can do it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I want to look how I did the first time I lost my weight- I got to about 157 and a size 10/12  for me it was perfect I think.  Unfortunately, it didn't last long : (

I have had issues with weight since I was about 14 or 15- I probably gained 50 lbs during high school *I was  a very skinny kid and I would not want to be that skinny again- I was called things like boney maronie and such and my mom said she used to worry about it!  Then look what happened- puberty and high school hit and it was ALL over.

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM

It's been awhile since I've looked the way I want to.  the time that I REALLY would like to look was in college but I was an athlete and worked out all the time.  Pretty unrealistic as a mother of 3 girls in sports.  I did drop down to the my ideal weight on my wedding day but didn't get to celebrate it because I was too busy with the wedding and afterwards I gained it back.

overweightmommy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Yeah, looking backa t my wedding pics... that's why. We both just looked stupid happy and I want that back. We're still happy, just not as happy. At least, it doesn't feel that way. Here's my pics.

His smile is just a bursting at the seams happy smile. Mine, well you can just see it all over my face...

This one, I've lost 35lbs since but, it's obvious the difference. It makes me sad that we have such crummy holiday pics. DH has lost 45 since

And here's another... We were taking lots of pics becqause it was before deployment and this looks like a slightly off-guard moment. But you can see the difference, even in our body language. 

And this is when he got home from deployment. I was about the same weight as the last picture. I was supposed to lose weight while he was gone but just as I was getting on a workout routine that was working(had lost 15lbs) I was told to stop working out by my doctors and they found a tumor causing pressure in my head. So... yeah. That really sucked. But I'm almost off of restriction from surgery then I'm going to start going to the gym with DH. Ignore his face, we were rushing because his flight got in early and we were in the pick up lane. Lol. I look heavier than in the last picture but this is just an all around crappy pic taken on a cheap cell, so... yeah. Things did not go as planned.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM

No way! When I graduated HS almost 20 years ago, I was 85 lbs soaking wet. I don't want to be that small again.When I got married at 20, I was 105 lbs, so I finally managed to gain 20 lbs in the 2 years from HS to marriage. I gained 65 lbs in our first 7 years of marriage. When we were going through the process to adopt our daughter, I lost 36 lbs. I managed to gain it all back once she was home and I was focused on her and not me. i also got pregnant and did manage to maintain at 167 lbs until I got fed up. I lost 57 lbs in 9 months. Unfortunately, I gained 15 lbs back due to laziness so I am in the process of ditching it again... if I don't lose it all, I'm okay with that. I want to be healthy and fit, which I am. I'm 37 years old and have no desire to look like I did at 18. I had zero lean muscle mass, just a really fast metabolism. Now, I have lean muscle mass and I'm a long distance runner and getting my Personal Trainer Certifications. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

sham09
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM

No i just want to be toned and in shape and not dread summer because it is swim suit season.I do not want to getin a bikni just look decent when I take children on summer  activitys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)