Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

ive cut down to one meal a day

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 25 Replies
One meal and a snack. I just dont feel hungery. Should i make myself eat.more?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BramblePatch
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this
YES!!!! You need to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day (at least thats what my dietician says!) to keep you metabolism going. I hate breakfast but force myself to eat it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM
4 moms liked this

That is sooo unhealthy honey. You have to eat more. Our bodies have something called a BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate. This is the number of calories per day that our bodies need to function and be inactive-think digestion, blood flow and organ functions. It essential that you eat at least that many calories or your body will think it is starving. It will begin to store fat as fuel and burn lean muscle mass. When you eat too little, you will also deprive your body of much needed nutrients which will slow brain functions, damage your liver, lungs, kidneys and heart as well. 

You should be eating breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as snacks. The reason you are not hungry is because your metabolism has slowed to a crawl. If you begin to eat more, you will feel hunger and your body will function properly and lose weight if that is your goal. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

tristahope
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Quoting mcginnisc:

That is sooo unhealthy honey. You have to eat more. Our bodies have something called a BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate. This is the number of calories per day that our bodies need to function and be inactive-think digestion, blood flow and organ functions. It essential that you eat at least that many calories or your body will think it is starving. It will begin to store fat as fuel and burn lean muscle mass. When you eat too little, you will also deprive your body of much needed nutrients which will slow brain functions, damage your liver, lungs, kidneys and heart as well. 

You should be eating breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as snacks. The reason you are not hungry is because your metabolism has slowed to a crawl. If you begin to eat more, you will feel hunger and your body will function properly and lose weight if that is your goal. 

This!! :)
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I agree with Claire.  Your body is literally breaking down and slowing normal metabolic processes down to a halt, which has severe long term damage.

It takes some work, but work toward 3 meals and 2-3 snacks a day.  You should be eating within an hour of waking, and about every 3 hours thereafter.  This will keep your body fueled and your metabolism revved up.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

StephHopkins
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM
I heard from a relative that it's best to stop eating fruit after 2pm...thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Yes, that's not healthy! 

Autumn19
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM
.my mom did this when she was working in the summer and couldnt understand why instead of losing weight she started gaining.
When you dont take in enough calories your body goes in to "famin" mode. Your metabolism slows way down and your body begins to store the few calories you do get.
You need to eat small meals often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

There's not any specific benefit to stopping the consumption of any given food after a certain time.  There are some claims about carbs and timing, but I've never seen anything conclusive about any of this.

Quoting StephHopkins:

I heard from a relative that it's best to stop eating fruit after 2pm...thoughts?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 14, 2012 at 5:22 AM

Yep, these ladies are right...you need to eat more mama!

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Face palm!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN