Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What have you eaten today?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have had 1 slice of thin crust pizza, 3 pickles, a marshmallow, and water. Now I am eating a bowl of chicken noodle soup with 4 crackers.

Whwt have you had today? I didn't want the pizza, but we went to MIL's house and she had ordered it so not eating it would've seemed kind of rude.

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you eating enough, mama??  That doesn't seem like very much food!  But a lot of sodium...

I had cottage cheese with berries and chopped almonds for breakfast with my coffee with almond milk

Post-run I had a small PB&J

Lunch- taco salad leftovers, including veggie filling

Afternoon snack (ish)/pre-dinner grub- small quesedilla with a pear and asiago green salad

Dinner- Turkey loaf, broccoli, garlic smashed potatoes

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Danapopcorn
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I feel pretty full, but I really wish I wouldn't have had that pizza, I feel horrible about it.

oooh that breakfast sounds great

Quoting musicpisces:

Are you eating enough, mama??  That doesn't seem like very much food!  But a lot of sodium...

I had cottage cheese with berries and chopped almonds for breakfast with my coffee with almond milk

Afternoon snack (ish)/pre-dinner grub- small quesedilla with a pear and asiago green salad

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Just be careful eating so little, mama.  Even if you're full, it's not enough to properly fuel your body.  Your body requires a certain number of calories to operate properly (called you BMR), and if you eat less than that, your body starts shutting down normal metabolic processes and burning lean tissue instead of fat.

Breakfast was awesome!  I love easy stuff that's healthy!

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I feel pretty full, but I really wish I wouldn't have had that pizza, I feel horrible about it.

oooh that breakfast sounds great

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 14, 2012 at 5:21 AM

Suzanne is right...make sure you are eating enough food mama!  Clean food and less processed food with all that sodium!

Yesterday I had a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread with a banana for breakfast along with my coffee of course.  For morning snack I had an apple, lunch was soup, and afternoon snack was greek salad with a banana.  Dinner was spaghetti squash with marinara, spring mix salad, cheese stick, and apple.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Yeah...you need more calories...and a lot more fruits and veggies. I don't see any at all in what you ate! 

Yesterday:

Breakfast- 2 eggs topped with 1 TB mozzarella cheese and salsa, 2 turkey sausage patties

Lunch- 1/4 raw orange bell pepper, 1 cup raw broccoli, 1 cup raw green beans, 1/4 raw cucumber, hummus

Dinner- Roasted pork butt ( will be made into bbq today), a baked potato topped with 1/4 TB butter, 1 TB cheese, and some greek yogurt and baked beans

I was bad about snacks yesterday, but I also did not workout as it was my rest day. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

sunshine86912
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:09 AM

breakfast-homemade pumpkin cinn. roll (i picked a small one lol because I am sure there is MORE than enough sugar and white flour in there to mess me up, but I really wanted to try them since I made them :)  NOT a normal breakfast for me haha)

lunch-handful of cocoa roasted almonds, a banana, an apple and a light baybell cheese round. 

I forgot I needed to pack my lunch last night..so I pretty much got whatever was in arms reach and could be tossed in a lunch box lol  and this was today :)

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:03 AM

That sounds like very little food!  Like barely even enough for 1 meal honestly....

Yesterday I had:

Breakfast = 1 egg, 2 small pieces of sausage,1 english muffin = 360 cal

Snack = grapes and banana = 220 cal

Lunch = homemade veggie and sausage quiche = 400 cal

Snack = protein bar = 220 cal

Dinner = subway veggie sub = 400 cal

Snack = icecream and rice krispies treats! = 430 cal
(usually I don't have such a junky snack but sometimes! lol)

eema.gray
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Friday morning - egg, chorizo sausage, and shredded vegetable cooked in coconut oil.  Having pho (vietnamese soup) for lunch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)