Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kelly Osbourne Has the Right Idea About Weight Loss

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Kelly Osbourne's Weight Loss Secret Is Smarter Than Any Celeb 'Diet'

Posted by Jacqueline Burt

kelly osbourneI've always thought of Kelly Osbourne as a smart, savvy girl. You know, the wise-beyond-her-years type, since way back when The Osbournes first debuted on MTV and Ozzy was still staggering around bellowing "Sharrrrun!"

And now I know why. Because the Dancing With the Stars alum recently opened up about how she managed to lose 50 pounds (and keep them off!), and guess what? Osbourne's approach to weight loss has got to be the healthiest, most sensible approach to weight loss any celebrity has ever espoused.

Want to know the secret to Osbourne's success? Here's what she recently told In Touch magazine:

"People think I lost weight and then got happy, but that's not how it works. You have to get happy first. I made a life change, and the weight loss was an amazing perk."

Amen, sister! If that don't just say it all. It's like Kelly Osbourne just pulled the curtain back and exposed The Wizard of Weight Loss. Hey, he's not a wizard! He's just a positive attitude!

Of course, part of her "life change" did include exercising and eating right. Here are a few things that worked for Osbourne:

1. She mixes up her fitness regime: Up to half an hour per day of cardio, circuit training, yoga or Pilates.

2. She sticks to healthy food most of the time but allows herself one day a week to cheat.

3. She's "learned to love herself."

Makes way more sense than the average trendy celeb diet, right? 

Do you think Kelly Osbourne has the right idea about weight loss?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I think an entire cheat day can be dangerous for many people.  But I think overall she has the right idea.

That said, I wish we would stop looking to celebrities for diet ideas.  Most of them have such dangerous plans, and use these horrible crash diets to lose (or gain) large amounts of weight for roles.  They also have personal chefs and trainers, resources few of us have access to.  Their entire jobs are contingent on their bodies being a certain way.  They exercise for endless hours, cut their calories way back, and sometimes even use drugs to lose weight.  Just a dangerous role model for us to look up to.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

emilyrosenj
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Yes I think she does!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Not to rain on your parade, not sure I believe her.  I do however ,appreciate what she says she did.  Her weight has been up and down, kinda like Opra's.  Celebrities rarely admit to the extremes and struggles that they have.  I'm sure she has a personal trainer with a confidentiality clause on retainer.  She has a personal chef more than likely as well.  Sorry I'm SUCH a cynic.  I even like Kelly Osbourne, I really admired her on Dancing with the Stars.

LoveMyCuties612
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:28 PM
I agree.. I'm sure she gets professional help. Congrats to her though! I agree that u have to be in a positive and healthy state of mind to be truly successful and keep it off

Quoting caro100:

Not to rain on your parade, not sure I believe her.  I do however ,appreciate what she says she did.  Her weight has been up and down, kinda like Opra's.  Celebrities rarely admit to the extremes and struggles that they have.  I'm sure she has a personal trainer with a confidentiality clause on retainer.  She has a personal chef more than likely as well.  Sorry I'm SUCH a cynic.  I even like Kelly Osbourne, I really admired her on Dancing with the Stars.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Well said...I agree.  I too wish people would stop looking to celebrities...who cares?  They don't know anymore than we do.  I don't look at celebrities as being any better than I am.  Just me though:)

Quoting musicpisces:

I think an entire cheat day can be dangerous for many people.  But I think overall she has the right idea.

That said, I wish we would stop looking to celebrities for diet ideas.  Most of them have such dangerous plans, and use these horrible crash diets to lose (or gain) large amounts of weight for roles.  They also have personal chefs and trainers, resources few of us have access to.  Their entire jobs are contingent on their bodies being a certain way.  They exercise for endless hours, cut their calories way back, and sometimes even use drugs to lose weight.  Just a dangerous role model for us to look up to.

angchick
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:25 AM
We do not know truely how she did it but I also do not think it is fair to disregard how she said she did it because what she does say is very true. I do not really look up to celebrities but many do, that is why they are called celebrities and that is okay as long the celebrity does do the right thing. Her attitude is right on and even if she didn't do it that way, she is sending out a positive message on how to do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)