• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tofu question? help

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok so I went to the store today and I bought some tofu. I use to eat it as a kid my mom would hide it in our spagetti and so on.
Well I picked up a dessert almond tofu.
Can I make that into a sauce with butternut squash for spinach noodles? Would that work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mortiferouslatt
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:14 PM
I cook tofu but have no clue. It's silken?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I've never made it :(   Sorry!

caro100
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:29 PM

It really depends on the type of tofu, I think you can puree it though with some vegetable brothto make a tasty sauce, The problem is more the sweet I think than the consistency.  I would taste it by its self and think what spices to add cinnamon, nutmeg perhaps, you get the picture, cumin, also might be okay too, but be very careful a little goes a very long way.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Do you think whole wheat noodles would be better then?

Quoting caro100:

It really depends on the type of tofu, I think you can puree it though with some vegetable brothto make a tasty sauce, The problem is more the sweet I think than the consistency.  I would taste it by its self and think what spices to add cinnamon, nutmeg perhaps, you get the picture, cumin, also might be okay too, but be very careful a little goes a very long way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Personally, I think either or.  The whole wheat, might be hardier and go better, but the spinach noodles would be good too. Are going vegan or just trying to go meatless a couple of times aweek?

Quoting jendawn1:

Quoting caro100:

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I'm starting off with meatless a few times a week. I really LOVE meat. So I'm not sure if ill ever switch right over to vegan or vegatarian.

Quoting caro100:

Personally, I think either or.  The whole wheat, might be hardier and go better, but the spinach noodles would be good too. Are going vegan or just trying to go meatless a couple of times aweek?

Quoting jendawn1:

Quoting caro100:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:44 AM

No idea!  Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)