Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Holiday Challenge: Day 17 Holiday Stress

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:04 AM
  • 72 Replies

Welcome to Day 17of the Holiday Challenge!

The holidays are the most wonderful time of the year but they can also be the most stressful time of the year. Feeling financially pinched, tired from all the hustle and bustle or tension filled extended family gatherings can cause anyone to feel stress. It is during the times we feel most stressed that we will often resort to 'emotional eating'. To avoid this, devise a game plan to keep holiday stress at a minimum. Try asking for help with holiday preparations. Make a holiday budget and stick to it. Avoid topics of conversation at family gatherings that will cause strife. Get plenty of sleep!
The most important thing to do, when you begin to feel the stress of the holidays is to take time for yourself to de-stress.

What do you do to keep holiday stress to a minimum?

If you find yourself stressed out, what do you do to relax?

holding ornamentsOne member who signs up for our Holiday Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join Our Holiday Challenge-WIN a $25 Gift Card and other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I haven't been good at keeping stress low.

The best thing I have done is to write out all the things I need to do, so I'm not extra stressed by trying to remember it all.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I have been shopping for Christmas since July to eliminate all the shopping stress.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I like to plan ahead, but still remain flexible.  Actually, planning ahead allows me to be flexible.

My shopping is done...I picked up the very last gift card yesterday.

Gifts are wrapped.

Meals are planned.

My mom is a HUGE source of holiday stress, with her "gotta have the shopping done by Thanksgiving...will you order this for me?" and constantly changing traditions/plans...and she calls me every day.  Her mom was the same way.  I just hope I don't end up following in their footsteps.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM
I don't get stressed at the holidays.

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

sexydiva4279
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I start saving in the summer that way I don't get stressed about money. I make a lot of to do list and shopping list so I don't forget anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I don't know... I don't get me time. I really don't have a way to destress.
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I love the holidays- I don't get stressed out about them- of course there aren't big gatherings, a bunch of work related things or any of that for us- mostly it is jsut about the 4 of us and mail out a few cards...

When I get stressed - I still stick to my plan...work out and eat within my calories

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:23 AM
My holiday stress is maxed out, i just remind myself before i eat something crappy how hard ive worked to get here and usually i can find a better choice.

My treadmill broke so my workouts are lacking so ive been doing kitchen dance parties w my dd, im more sore from those,than working out lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:32 AM
That's my biggiest issue is stress eating. Luckly christmas doesn't stress me out. I love it. Its thw one time of year I'm not lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bob192
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I try to spread things out so that everything is not at the same time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN