Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Your weight loss progress! Motivation for new members!

Posted by   + Show Post

Show us your weight loss pictures, and tell us how you did it.

What do you eat regularly? How often do you work out? What kind of workouts?

This is for promoting healthy weight loss and to show new members that many many people have succeeded with eating right and exercising.

This might serve as some good motivation to get your own ball rolling.

And also just because I love seeing all of you looking so wonderful.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Replies (61-69):
liveforever
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for sharing..you look awesome! I'm just starting out and trying to be more active doing daily activity as well as exercising. It is amazing how much little stuff can add up.

Quoting al09:

I'll add mine!

First of all, I've been at this for close to 2 yrs now. I started in April 2011 at the highest weight I've ever weighed not pregnant in my life. I was 163 lbs. At 5'0-5'1 (I'm somewhere in there...) that's considered obese. I couldn't believe it! I knew I'd gained weight...but obese?

Here's my before picture. It's not the worst one I've taken, but since we got a new computer most of the old ones were lost. This was Christmas 2011. I was between 155-160 lbs. I'd lost between 5-8 lbs. The waist size in these jeans was 30. Again, this is a "good" bad picture.

Here are a couple now pictures:

This was a few days before Christmas 2012. I was 138.6 lbs. The waist size of the jeans I'm wearing there are 27's and I actually had  to go out and buy a belt that day because they were getting loose in the waist (but not in the thighs yet).

And this was yesterday. I'm now at 138.0 lbs. I'm still about 20-30 lbs away from my goal, but each day I get happier and happier with the changes I see. I almost have abs! There's so much toning going on there! Now if only my thighs would catch up! lol That's where I carry most of my weight... my thighs and butt!

I've lost a total of 25 lbs so far. Pretty much as soon as I started I went vegetarian. Then about 6 months later I went vegan. I was a strict vegan for a year. Now, I still eat mostly vegan, but I do eat some cheese and chocolate here and there. It's bout 80-20. I do believe the more vegan you eat the better, it's just so healthy! That's just the right choice for me. That's not to say though that you can't be 100% healthy and fit eating meat all day long. Many people are much leaner and healthier and do! It's just not for me. Basically, whether you eat meat or not, learn to love veggies. All kinds of veggies. They're so good for you and so much you can do with them.

As far as exercise goes, I try to workout 5 days a week. Sometimes it's more than that and sometimes it's less. I have lost most of the weight at home, doing dvds. It CAN be done! You don't have to run or go to the gym...unless you want to! I do mostly Jillian Michaels dvds and I love her. I have just about all of them, from 30 Day Shred, to Killer Buns and Thighs, to No More Trouble Zones. My current favorites are Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. One is more cardio based (BFBM) and one weights and strength (NMTZ). Love them! I've also tried Insanity and P90x. Both are great workouts, but hard to keep up with. I do workouts from each here or there, but I mostly stick with Jillian.

I also got a Bodybugg early on in my journey. It's helped me so much! Knowing how much I burn each and every day is so motivating and also eye opening. You don't even realize how much you burn just doing daily activities. Personally, I burn 2500-3000+ a day. Exactly why eating 1200 cals a day just doesn't cut it! I eat anywhere from 1600-2600 a day...just depending on the day. I always try to burn more than I eat which of course, equals weight loss. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
al09
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Very true! I always thought since I'm a stay at home mom I probably didn't burn that much. Even though I always knew I was super busy during the day, I didn't even realize how many calories I was burning just doing daily things. I make an effort everyday to move around as much as possible. Even if it's just "simple" things such as doing laundry and folding it and putting it away.

Quoting liveforever:

Thanks for sharing..you look awesome! I'm just starting out and trying to be more active doing daily activity as well as exercising. It is amazing how much little stuff can add up.

Quoting al09:

I'll add mine!

First of all, I've been at this for close to 2 yrs now. I started in April 2011 at the highest weight I've ever weighed not pregnant in my life. I was 163 lbs. At 5'0-5'1 (I'm somewhere in there...) that's considered obese. I couldn't believe it! I knew I'd gained weight...but obese?

Here's my before picture. It's not the worst one I've taken, but since we got a new computer most of the old ones were lost. This was Christmas 2011. I was between 155-160 lbs. I'd lost between 5-8 lbs. The waist size in these jeans was 30. Again, this is a "good" bad picture.

Here are a couple now pictures:

This was a few days before Christmas 2012. I was 138.6 lbs. The waist size of the jeans I'm wearing there are 27's and I actually had  to go out and buy a belt that day because they were getting loose in the waist (but not in the thighs yet).

And this was yesterday. I'm now at 138.0 lbs. I'm still about 20-30 lbs away from my goal, but each day I get happier and happier with the changes I see. I almost have abs! There's so much toning going on there! Now if only my thighs would catch up! lol That's where I carry most of my weight... my thighs and butt!

I've lost a total of 25 lbs so far. Pretty much as soon as I started I went vegetarian. Then about 6 months later I went vegan. I was a strict vegan for a year. Now, I still eat mostly vegan, but I do eat some cheese and chocolate here and there. It's bout 80-20. I do believe the more vegan you eat the better, it's just so healthy! That's just the right choice for me. That's not to say though that you can't be 100% healthy and fit eating meat all day long. Many people are much leaner and healthier and do! It's just not for me. Basically, whether you eat meat or not, learn to love veggies. All kinds of veggies. They're so good for you and so much you can do with them.

As far as exercise goes, I try to workout 5 days a week. Sometimes it's more than that and sometimes it's less. I have lost most of the weight at home, doing dvds. It CAN be done! You don't have to run or go to the gym...unless you want to! I do mostly Jillian Michaels dvds and I love her. I have just about all of them, from 30 Day Shred, to Killer Buns and Thighs, to No More Trouble Zones. My current favorites are Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. One is more cardio based (BFBM) and one weights and strength (NMTZ). Love them! I've also tried Insanity and P90x. Both are great workouts, but hard to keep up with. I do workouts from each here or there, but I mostly stick with Jillian.

I also got a Bodybugg early on in my journey. It's helped me so much! Knowing how much I burn each and every day is so motivating and also eye opening. You don't even realize how much you burn just doing daily activities. Personally, I burn 2500-3000+ a day. Exactly why eating 1200 cals a day just doesn't cut it! I eat anywhere from 1600-2600 a day...just depending on the day. I always try to burn more than I eat which of course, equals weight loss. :)

MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Damn. The closest one to me is in Laguna Nigel like 450 miles away. It's near my sister though. Lol

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting mami2josue:

Quoting Threes.Company:

Bump for when I'm on my computer!!

OK, here we go...

I was around 185ish after having my last child.  I was a size 12/14 at that point.

I am now at 138-141 (I fluctuate all the time).  I am now a size 2/4, depending on the brand.

How I did it...

1)  I joined Life Time Fitness.  AWESOME gym.  I love it there!!!  They have a GREAT childcare program, so I was able to get my workouts in while my kids were busy having fun!  It was a win-win. 

2)  I got myself a heart rate monitor (Polar FT7)  to track my heart rate zones during workouts and so I could properly keep myself in my target zones for the correct amount of time.  I also had a Cardio Point test done at Life Time (computerized testing program that measures your breathing and oxygen and such as you are on a treadmill) which gave me specific heart rate zones for fat-burning, cardio endurance, etc.  This way I was not just jumping on a machine and hoping for the best.  I was doing very specific interval training that required the constant monitoring of my HR.  The monitor also told me how many calories I was burning after each workout, based on my height, weight, age, heart rate, etc.  Much more specific than just holding onto the machine's unreliable monitor handles.

3)  I started food journaling and tracking calories.  I used MyFitnessPal to see how many calories I should be eating based on my height, weight, age, activity level and then I used this in combination with the burned calorie information I was getting from my monitor.  Calories in, calories burned...  I watched this every day.  Turns out, I needed to be eating about 2400-2600 calories a day to keep up with my rigorous workouts.

4)  I participated in a group training program at my gym.  I worked with a trainer 3 times a week in a small group doing hour-long workouts that incorporated both strength and cardio.  Then I also did additional strength and cardio on off days and/or before the class would start.  I was working out 5-6 times per week doing 60-90 minute workouts.  I also signed up for my first triathlon in June, so I started doing a lot of swimming, biking and running to prepare for that.  That sparked my interest in races, so I did another tri in August and the a 15K in November.  Now I am hooked.

5)  I changed my diet.  I started eating healthier, protein-rich foods.  I started cooking a lot more instead of relying on frozen meals or fast foods to get through our busy days. 

It took a lot of work.  I did not do ALL of this ALL at once either.  My overall weight loss journey took a year and a half.  It was not fast... BUT, it was successful and the weight has STAYED OFF.  By doing a lot of strength training along the way, I burned a lot of fat... and then when the fat finally went away, there was a ton of muscle tone waiting underneath.  Who knew!?  ;)  I love my body now.  I am proud of my efforts.  I worked VERY hard to get here.  There were no short cuts.  I did not do weird detox drinks or take pills or drink shakes, etc.  This was purely a lifestyle change involving health eating and exercise. 

I am now working with my gym to film a commercial (already filmed that part) and an informercial (filming on Jan 5th!) to spotlight their weight loss programs and how the gym helped me succeed.  The commercial airs starting next month and I am not sure yet with the infomercial will be done since we did not film it yet.  But, it is very exciting and I am so excited to share my story with others.  I was in a bad place at the get-go and wanted a short cut so badly.  I am so glad that I took the time to do it right and do it the healthy way!

I have a question. Do they charge for cardio poin test? How long does it take for it to be done?

Yes, they do...  I ended up winning a free test at some event where they were spotlighting their TEAM programs.  They were giving away prizes, and that was my prize.  I think regularly the first test is $150.  (I know, it's a lot... but seriously the results are so worth it.)  You get a mask with the test that you get to keep, so if you want to do the other test (CaloriePoint) or repeat a CardioPoint test later, the price drops to around $89 since you have a mask.  The test itself only takes about 30 mins, maybe less?  Maybe it was more like 20 mins... and then 5-10 mins to discuss the results with a trainer.  You have to fast for 12 hours before taking the test, too.  So I scheduled an AM test so I could go in first thing and then eat afterwards.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:50 AM

My husband and I both lost a lot of weight last year, about 90 pounds total!

Here we are in August of 2011

We started trying to lose weight in January of last year, and this picture was taken about a month after we started losing. I think I had lost about 15 pounds at this point.

This picture was taken in April. I had lost about 32 pounds here.

This picture was taken about a month and a half ago. I've lost almost 45 pounds and my husband has lost about 50 or so pounds.

Neither one of us has given up any foods we love. We just cut down on the portions, drink lots of water and exercise regularly. My husband runs, lifts weights and does karate. I do Zumba, TurboKick, TurboJam and mix in a little toning.I'm getting certified to teach Zumba on February 11th.

Bethsunshine
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM

All of you look amazing!! Keep up the good work!

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM

I'm 5'2 as well and I am starting out at 174.8! You look great!

Quoting roxysmommy:

This is me at 177 lbs. Not my heaviest, but pretty heavy for a girl of 5'2". I began (again) in July-ish and I'm currently down to 138-139 lbs. My current picture is me at 139 lbs, although I do believe I'm smaller now inch wise even though I haven't lost in a few weeks.

I lost the weight by eating whole foods, cutting out all processed crap and exercising most days of the week. I change it up between running, elliptical and HIIT. I also just try to stay moving through out the day. I still have about 10 more lbs to lose and a bunch of toning.

Here is a face shot of me at about my heaviest (216 lbs) and a more current one.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM

You ladies look amazing!  Great job!

roxysmommy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Thank you! Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Quoting SexyDiva19:

I'm 5'2 as well and I am starting out at 174.8! You look great!

Quoting roxysmommy:

This is me at 177 lbs. Not my heaviest, but pretty heavy for a girl of 5'2". I began (again) in July-ish and I'm currently down to 138-139 lbs. My current picture is me at 139 lbs, although I do believe I'm smaller now inch wise even though I haven't lost in a few weeks.

I lost the weight by eating whole foods, cutting out all processed crap and exercising most days of the week. I change it up between running, elliptical and HIIT. I also just try to stay moving through out the day. I still have about 10 more lbs to lose and a bunch of toning.

Here is a face shot of me at about my heaviest (216 lbs) and a more current one.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
artistmom27
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I started my journey 6 days ago, so I haven't had any visual loss yet, but I started at 272, and today I weigh in at 262.6

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN