Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2012 was just an awful year. Absolutely horrible. If it could have gone wrong it did. And then some.
I never think of the new year as a fresh start but suddenly I find myself seeing 2013 as a year of new chances.
This is the year I finish school, get a job, move on from a bad marriage. I also have a very busy race schedule. I worked out the kinks in my paleo eating, I feel confident at crossfit, I have les mills at home. Im a different person when it comes to anxiety. Maybe last year had to be dreadful so this one could be good.
My goals for the year are to stick to the long term things I love and avoid the impulsive stupid stuff I love more. To improve my race pace and to try stuff im afraid of at least once. Id also like to have a job by the end of next year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Coconut chicken, sweet potatoes with Dubliners, rosemary steak, avocado dip, tomato bites, fresh veggies and dill dip.
Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Baked bananas with coconut
Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:12 PM

My vegan gluten free mini cheesecake. I ate it in bed. Happy new year!
Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM

My kids rule
Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
WOD
AMRAP 20 min
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats
20 crunches

13 rounds 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 10 squats

Les mills pump and burn warm up

90 min yoga

15 min cool down jog
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Do you have a pullup bar?  Any recommendations?  I'd love one that I can also use for tricep dips and pushups.

I can do pullups on the rope in our living room (DH had a hammock- long story!), but I really need a bar.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

WOD
AMRAP 20 min
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats
20 crunches

90 min yoga

15 min cool down jog

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Actually the people that lived here before us left the one they had. Just a regular door frame one.
Id LOVE a rope.... trade ya

Quoting musicpisces:

Do you have a pullup bar?  Any recommendations?  I'd love one that I can also use for tricep dips and pushups.

I can do pullups on the rope in our living room (DH had a hammock- long story!), but I really need a bar.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

WOD

AMRAP 20 min

5 pull ups

10 push ups

15 squats

20 crunches

90 min yoga

15 min cool down jog

Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I stayed up late last night (like 10:45 I think) which is funny because everyone did and now I am exhausted. Im just dying. I want to take a warm bath and go to bed.
I need to get some sleep so im ready for tomorrow.
Breakfast was bacon, eggs, and veggies and coffee with whey.
Post WOD snack was vega sport protein in water.
Lunch was last nights leftovers.
Mid afternoon snack was grilled chicken and salad.
Dinner is soup.
Omgg.
Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Back to school today! I already feel the difference and its only 7am.
Once I get Autumn on the bus I can go to CrossFit and do all the other stuff I usually do.
I saw the WOD and it doesn't look to bad. I say that now. After im vomiting and crying I will be saying something different.
Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this
So right now im sitting in my bathtub post WOD and im reading some articles on how to improve your box jump. Interesting? Yes.
My box doesn't allow rebounding (pogo) box jumps because of a seemingly high rate of Achilles tendon ruptures. Which is fine. As crazy as I can be another 16 weeks on my couch would NOT be fun at all.
So now im reading many different blogs that all sound eerily familiar.... filthy fifty and boom a blown tendon. Yikes. The comments are even more terrifying. Tons of readers reporting the same injury.
Every once in a while you get the "it happened because you are sloppy/tired/pushing yourself to far".
Is it worth the risk for time?
Personally I think not. I am still freshly recovered from my tendon blow out and broken bones. Im all for being the badest bad ass you can be.... but not when its a 180 from commen sense.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)