Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
2012 was just an awful year. Absolutely horrible. If it could have gone wrong it did. And then some.
I never think of the new year as a fresh start but suddenly I find myself seeing 2013 as a year of new chances.
This is the year I finish school, get a job, move on from a bad marriage. I also have a very busy race schedule. I worked out the kinks in my paleo eating, I feel confident at crossfit, I have les mills at home. Im a different person when it comes to anxiety. Maybe last year had to be dreadful so this one could be good.
My goals for the year are to stick to the long term things I love and avoid the impulsive stupid stuff I love more. To improve my race pace and to try stuff im afraid of at least once. Id also like to have a job by the end of next year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
Sunshine-27
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Looks like we have a great cook in the house. Your meals sound and look delish!! You but be toning? Your doing a great job!! You go gurl!!

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Thank you :) I went to culinary school, I love to cook!
I am just working on overall fitness and building muscle now.

Quoting Sunshine-27:

Looks like we have a great cook in the house. Your meals sound and look delish!! You but be toning? Your doing a great job!! You go gurl!!

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Ick. I feel like hell! AF sure likes to make an enterance.
I feel good enough to run and go to CrossFit though. Thank goodness. They posted the WOD last night, im prepared :)

For time
21-15-9

One arm kettlbell swing left
One arm kettlbell swing right
One arm kettlebell thrusters left
One arm kettlbell thrusters right
Kettlbell windmill left
Kettlbell windmill right

26Lbs

Good that should leave me not to dead to run. If it gets over 25 im going to take mikey hiking while the others are in school. I moved yoga to tonight so I could get much needed extra sleep today.
In my extra time im going to roast a chicken to pick at for the week. I only have one cooked breast left in the fridge and I live off leftovers.
I think this weekend while the kids are with him im going to go shoe shopping. I need a few new pairs for various activities.

Last night when I was falling asleep ultra early I was thinking about all the stuff I will be able to do by the end of the year. I realized I wont be afraid of some of it because I will be strong enough. Right now I am not afraid of stuff that might intimidate some people because I know I can physically do it. Little by little I will tackle my goals and become strong enough.
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Sitting in the bathtub again... I see this becoming a habit.
So far today I ran 4 miles and did a mile of lunges.(62 minutes) and I went to CF. My time for the WOD was 10:31. I like KB workouts.
I felt fine working out besides the misery associated with AF but now I have a low fever so im taking it easy. Besides it is too cold to take mikey hiking (19 degrees). Hopefully I will feel better for yoga tonight.
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Well I was feeling crappy but I napped when mikey napped (first time thats happened since becoming a mother six years ago) and I woke up feeling a lot better.
I got 45 minutes of hills in before the kids got home.
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Tomorrow is a rest day so today my goal is to make myself as sore as possible.
Finishing my coffee and then doing a special friday workout. Kind of like UB training. Actually that's exactly what it is.
Soo CF, a double-digit run ( ooh first in ages), with hills and push ups, sit ups, kb swings and burpees every mile. Then 90 min of yoga. I missed this. Yay.
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM
My arms are shaking so im having trouble typing.
WOD
For time

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Split jerk 40lbs
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Burpees

8:41
:D
Off to runnnn
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Sigh. I look uneven because im moving.
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Af is hard! Its good that your not letting it stop you! Your doing GREAT!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)