Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
2012 was just an awful year. Absolutely horrible. If it could have gone wrong it did. And then some.
I never think of the new year as a fresh start but suddenly I find myself seeing 2013 as a year of new chances.
This is the year I finish school, get a job, move on from a bad marriage. I also have a very busy race schedule. I worked out the kinks in my paleo eating, I feel confident at crossfit, I have les mills at home. Im a different person when it comes to anxiety. Maybe last year had to be dreadful so this one could be good.
My goals for the year are to stick to the long term things I love and avoid the impulsive stupid stuff I love more. To improve my race pace and to try stuff im afraid of at least once. Id also like to have a job by the end of next year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Replies (241-250):
eema.gray
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Word to the wise:  Look for "Passover cakes."  During that festival, Jews don't eat gluten or levening so the cakes are made, generally, with ground nuts and whipped egg whites to leven them.  They are MUCH MUCH better than "paleo/primal" treats!

The flour-less brownies my mom has been making since going gluten free are a Passover recipe I gave her and they are her favorite brownie now.  :-)

Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

Trust me I have looked at and tried paleo desserts, each one was not good at all! I did find a flourless chocolate cake recipe, that I am gonna give a go.

Thanks again!

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Lol of course the only dessert I make! Im not a sweets person so I don't experiment in the paleo dessert universe to often. If you are on pinterest there is tons of stuff that looks good.
Yep add in more food. I eat about 1950-2200 calories a day, most days and I have been seeing more muscle and everything is looking overall more lean.
You can definitely do this, you have all the right tools :)

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I know Cabot has a full fat Greek. Not sure if anyone else does though.

Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

I have looked for full fat greek yogurt, I am not sure they make it!! Aside from my protein shake, I used to have my greek yogurt with strawberries after a workout.

Right now I am only eating 3 times a day, plus my trumoo after working out. Need to add in more food.

I don't like cheesecake, the only time I make it is when my hubby wants it.

Made some peanutbutter cookies the other night, help with that craving for sure.

Thanks for all the help and info.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Lol! I eat full fat cottage cheese. Shhhh don't tell, id totally eat greek yogurt if I wanted it!

The paleo cheesecakes somewhere in this journal are amazing. The only paleo dessert id make :)

Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

I will have to give that a try!

I starting paleo because that is what my coach suggested. I wanted to keep my greek yogurt, but she recommends full fat dairy instead of low/no fat dairy. I think it would be a good snack after I get home from working out, I add strawberries to it about a cup when I was eating it.

Paleo is kinda hard for me, but I am doing it. Haven't found a paleo treat yet worth eathing, thou.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Its a good idea to ditch your scale. I have one but it has no batteries in it. I keep them downstairs so im not compulsive about it but I do check now and then. I do measure myself but I dont get crazy about that.

I also eat paleo but lately I've added back oatmeal and cottage cheese. I care more about clean eating then never eating a bite of a non paleo food again.

If your weight loss has slowed try adding a 25 min HIIT session 2-3x a week. That has helped me when losing baby weight.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tonya_Lynn84
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks I will be on the hunt for it!!

Quoting Lesgerm:

I know Cabot has a full fat Greek. Not sure if anyone else does though.

Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

I have looked for full fat greek yogurt, I am not sure they make it!! Aside from my protein shake, I used to have my greek yogurt with strawberries after a workout.

Right now I am only eating 3 times a day, plus my trumoo after working out. Need to add in more food.

I don't like cheesecake, the only time I make it is when my hubby wants it.

Made some peanutbutter cookies the other night, help with that craving for sure.

Thanks for all the help and info.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Lol! I eat full fat cottage cheese. Shhhh don't tell, id totally eat greek yogurt if I wanted it!

The paleo cheesecakes somewhere in this journal are amazing. The only paleo dessert id make :)

Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

I will have to give that a try!

I starting paleo because that is what my coach suggested. I wanted to keep my greek yogurt, but she recommends full fat dairy instead of low/no fat dairy. I think it would be a good snack after I get home from working out, I add strawberries to it about a cup when I was eating it.

Paleo is kinda hard for me, but I am doing it. Haven't found a paleo treat yet worth eathing, thou.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Its a good idea to ditch your scale. I have one but it has no batteries in it. I keep them downstairs so im not compulsive about it but I do check now and then. I do measure myself but I dont get crazy about that.

I also eat paleo but lately I've added back oatmeal and cottage cheese. I care more about clean eating then never eating a bite of a non paleo food again.

If your weight loss has slowed try adding a 25 min HIIT session 2-3x a week. That has helped me when losing baby weight.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Yeah! February! Tomorrow is a boxing lesson and after I run my errands today I want to shadow box and run 9 miles.
So far the river hasn't got to high so im ina great mood.
Had eggs and ooatmeal and now off to starbucks
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM
What do you get at Starbucks? I love it there :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM

i cant wait in march they are finally bringing a starbucks here !! its a 20 min walk away so i wont feel so guilty lol

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Dark roast black :)

Quoting Lesgerm:

What do you get at Starbucks? I love it there :)
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I did nothing yesterday. I didn't race or box. AF came with much more of a vengeance. I usually don't put off a workout for it.
I could barely scrape out of bed to go to the hockey game.
Today I still feel horrible but I can run and at least practice drills. And I promised we would go bowling....
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Eggs, peppers and onions. Oatmeal with a few blueberries
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN