Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
2012 was just an awful year. Absolutely horrible. If it could have gone wrong it did. And then some.
I never think of the new year as a fresh start but suddenly I find myself seeing 2013 as a year of new chances.
This is the year I finish school, get a job, move on from a bad marriage. I also have a very busy race schedule. I worked out the kinks in my paleo eating, I feel confident at crossfit, I have les mills at home. Im a different person when it comes to anxiety. Maybe last year had to be dreadful so this one could be good.
My goals for the year are to stick to the long term things I love and avoid the impulsive stupid stuff I love more. To improve my race pace and to try stuff im afraid of at least once. Id also like to have a job by the end of next year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Replies (31-40):
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Quoting jendawn1:

Af is hard! Its good that your not letting it stop you! Your doing GREAT!
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Aw yeah I stayed off the internet for over two days! Next friday/Saturday will be a breeze.
Saturday I read and hung out. Did some stretching. I worked on my nutrition. Going to experiment with paleo zone. I just can't get to into it. Stupid ED.
Yesterday was a long day of working out and just when I wanted to crawl into bed and die.... I cleaned.
Today I didn't want to get up but I did. My fault, I went to bed a little late. It was a good day because it included boxing. The WOD was a bit brutal (2 days in a row now). Yoga was yoga. I can notice im becoming better at downward dog splits. About time.
eema.gray
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM

After 4 months of yoga, I noticed yesterday that my 5 year old can get his knees flat on the ground doing a butterfly pose and keep them there when he folds forward.  Me and his sister, we still have knees stuck in mid air.  I WANT his flexibility!!!

Need to work on that no tech during Shabbat thing.  :-P  My husband is so bad about it and I have trouble resisting when he's running the computer all day.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Aw yeah I stayed off the internet for over two days! Next friday/Saturday will be a breeze.
Saturday I read and hung out. Did some stretching. I worked on my nutrition. Going to experiment with paleo zone. I just can't get to into it. Stupid ED.
Yesterday was a long day of working out and just when I wanted to crawl into bed and die.... I cleaned.
Today I didn't want to get up but I did. My fault, I went to bed a little late. It was a good day because it included boxing. The WOD was a bit brutal (2 days in a row now). Yoga was yoga. I can notice im becoming better at downward dog splits. About time.

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I was queen of all things electric on shabbos and im working so hard to not do it! The weekend was definitely less stressful :) I even managed not to cook.

My daughter is creepy (like has a future in exorcism movies) flexible. Downward dog split has always been tough for me even though I have good flexibilty. Its harder then strength or balance.

Quoting eema.gray:

After 4 months of yoga, I noticed yesterday that my 5 year old can get his knees flat on the ground doing a butterfly pose and keep them there when he folds forward.  Me and his sister, we still have knees stuck in mid air.  I WANT his flexibility!!!

Need to work on that no tech during Shabbat thing.  :-P  My husband is so bad about it and I have trouble resisting when he's running the computer all day.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM
The soreness has accumulated for days and has arrived. Halfway up the stairs. Yeah!
I will be fine by tomorrow.
So the first real day of eating paleo zone.... not bad. Glad I gave myself yesterday to eff up. Its helping me do it right today.
I pretty much understand what im doing and what im eating is soooo basic I doubt anyone could mess it up. The only area I have to think about is the fat blocks replacing the carb blocks. Stupid basic math skills.
I realize this may seem like such a pain in the ass but I need to see what im eating and figure out where I need to make changes for better performance.
Later in the week im going to make little snack bags. 2 blocks with jerky, dried fruit and nuts. Why didn't I think of this before?
eema.gray
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Try frying the nuts (coconut oil) and adding some Indian spices - chili, dried mango powder, anything else you like.  It's addictively good.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

The soreness has accumulated for days and has arrived. Halfway up the stairs. Yeah!
So the first real day of eating paleo zone.... not bad. Glad I gave myself yesterday to eff up. Its helping me do it right today.
I pretty much understand what im doing and what im eating is soooo basic I doubt anyone could mess it up. The only area I have to think about is the fat blocks replacing the carb blocks. Stupid basic math skills.
I realize this may seem like such a pain in the ass but I need to see what im eating and figure out where I need to make changes for better performance.
Later in the week im going to make little snack bags. 2 blocks with jerky, dried fruit and nuts. Why didn't I think of this before?

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I love doing that. I usually use cinnamon on almonds

Quoting eema.gray:

Try frying the nuts (coconut oil) and adding some Indian spices - chili, dried mango powder, anything else you like.  It's addictively good.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Day one of paleo zone is done. It really isn't too bad. The greatest challenge is eating enough. Fat, which is my favorite macronutrient is in abundance. I need to go grocery shopping!
I have one more snack before bed.
I dig this. Its nice to see the breakdown of my food.
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Everybody is getting ready for school and I am pumped to get moving today. The soreness I was experiencing yesterday is gone and I feel awesome.
This is the time I get to drink my coffee and get excited about the day.
The schedule is a run, CF and boxing. Yoga is done.
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Omg. I just want to nap.
Yoga, CF, boxing and a 3 mile run are done. A chicken is roasted, laundry is done, I ran my errands and showered. Now I have time to rest before I study.
The paleo zone is making my life easy. I don't think about food now. Its a means to an end. I don't feel deprived, im too dead.

Im having thoughts on rest days but im too tried to articulate them. Maybe later. Great idea for a paper this semester.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)