Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
2012 was just an awful year. Absolutely horrible. If it could have gone wrong it did. And then some.
I never think of the new year as a fresh start but suddenly I find myself seeing 2013 as a year of new chances.
This is the year I finish school, get a job, move on from a bad marriage. I also have a very busy race schedule. I worked out the kinks in my paleo eating, I feel confident at crossfit, I have les mills at home. Im a different person when it comes to anxiety. Maybe last year had to be dreadful so this one could be good.
My goals for the year are to stick to the long term things I love and avoid the impulsive stupid stuff I love more. To improve my race pace and to try stuff im afraid of at least once. Id also like to have a job by the end of next year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Replies (41-50):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Rest days are important!  You know about this stuff- the body needs time to repair if it is to get stronger!

Go get a nap, chica!  =)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Omg. I just want to nap.
Yoga, CF, boxing and a 3 mile run are done. A chicken is roasted, laundry is done, I ran my errands and showered. Now I have time to rest before I study.
The paleo zone is making my life easy. I don't think about food now. Its a means to an end. I don't feel deprived, im too dead.

Im having thoughts on rest days but im too tried to articulate them. Maybe later. Great idea for a paper this semester.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Hell yes they are :) im thinking a little more in depth though... quality rest vs quantity and so on.

Quoting musicpisces:

Rest days are important!  You know about this stuff- the body needs time to repair if it is to get stronger!

Go get a nap, chica!  =)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Omg. I just want to nap.

Yoga, CF, boxing and a 3 mile run are done. A chicken is roasted, laundry is done, I ran my errands and showered. Now I have time to rest before I study.

The paleo zone is making my life easy. I don't think about food now. Its a means to an end. I don't feel deprived, im too dead.

Im having thoughts on rest days but im too tried to articulate them. Maybe later. Great idea for a paper this semester.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Ah, yes, much conversation to be had there!

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Hell yes they are :) im thinking a little more in depth though... quality rest vs quantity and so on.

Quoting musicpisces:

Go get a nap, chica!  =)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Omg. I just want to nap.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM
After my nap I am going to attempt to gather those thoughts into a post lol

Quoting musicpisces:

Ah, yes, much conversation to be had there!

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting musicpisces:

Go get a nap, chica!  =)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Omg. I just want to nap.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Id kill for stawberry ice cream..
... or coffee ice cream..... or a hot dog. Sigh.
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Can you explain this Paleo Zone thingy? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Ok bear with me and my dreadful online communication skills.
You eat paleo but apply it like the zone diet in blocks. The only difference is you trade some of your carbs for fats.
It makes it easier to play with your diet so you can train awesomely.
I can explain in greater detail if you want :)

Quoting Lesgerm:

Can you explain this Paleo Zone thingy? Lol
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Today Mikey stays home with me so I will wod at home. No big deal :)
I don't have too much to do other than that. Today is a light day, if its warm like yesterday we will go hiking. The snow ans ice are gone. Put away the microspikes.
After AFs awful bloating going down and only two days of palei zone I can see such a difference in my stomach. This is what it usually looks like. I feel so close to my goals.
Definitely be doing pilates today!
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM
So last time I spoke to my ex he called me a c word in front of our children (amazing right?). Now he has done a 180 and signed us up for an elite heat at a Spartan in april.
Not to sound ungrateful but what an a hole. Bribery isn't going to work. Even better if I go, and I will because I love racing and I was going to do it anyway, it will be miserable and awkward. A very attractive friend who I saw briefly will be there and I will somehow g et stuck standing next to him. Yay.
I don't know why he thinks he can pay for a race to make up for being an ass for 7 years. At least I will be on home turf so I can just leave right after and avoid all parties.
Suddenly being alone all the time seems awesome.
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM

No bloat. The difference is hilarious
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)