Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Last day of holiday eating!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  • 59 Replies
2 moms liked this

Is tomorrow!

Holy crap, family visiting, get togethers, etc etc.  I've had two weeks of eating and family (fun but not fun for the scale.)  I'm sure many of you on my FB have seen the ridiculous amounts of things I've been tagged in lately.

I've seen some scarrrrrrrrrry numbers on my scale this week.  Today we ate out THREE times.  I ordered a plain 6oz steak and steamed broccoli, plain iced teas, grilled chicken, etc- things like that.  I even had two bites of some apple dessert my MIL ordered and told everyone I was done. MAN.  I'm trying here, LOL, but the sodium is killling me!

Tomorrow is the last day, we are doing a huge Filipino New Years drunken who knows what at my MIL's house.  I am roasting a turkey and a pork in my oven all day and then we're heading over there to eat more. *sigh*

Then finally life goes back to normal, I can get back to my body pump classes and arc machine visits.  

Edit:

I also don't diet.  I changed my life 2 years ago and lost 50lbs and have kept it off.  After this last holiday meal I'm going back to counting calories, eating healthy, and attending my regular exercise classes. :)

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reneawesley
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I'm right there with you. Tomorrow is it for us. I feel like a blob after this past week. 

valdezmama
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I started paying more attention to my intake and calories and activity level Nov 18...and did great till Thanksgiving cause for whatever reason, this MONTH of celebrating got the best of me.  I didnt see true gain I dont think but there was a definite roller coaster on the scale.  Up and down, the same 8 lbs.  I'm still at where I was RIGHT before Thanksgiving, so I feel good about that.

Today is officially my last day of holiday eating.  I actually look forward to eating better and getting more exercise in.

Yay for the end of celebrations and Hello New Year!!

mom2boyz8811
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Me too;) I posted not so long ago that I was "starting over" bwhahaha! Who was I kidding? Right before Christmas? Anyway I really am getting back on track once these leftovers are gone. But the cookies, desserts and snacky things are done with after tomorrow. Sigh. It was fun. But I'm giving myself a week before I get on the scale.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cmyfantasyworld
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I have already begun to work on my weight. I have been walking everday anwhere between .8-2mi.. also began tracking my food on livestrong.com. I want to get this weight off. I just need staying power on this lifestyle change. 

stephs5isenough
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:53 AM

slapping forehead 

I'm right there with you.  I've gained 7 pounds since the beginning of November.  I feel disgusing.

We are Playing, Praying and Learning Together at:

LIVING IN THE ARMS OF JESUS.

Click my tag to follow me there.

Teacher101
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I am starting a diet today. That whole New Year's Resolution thing. I have been abusing my body for about 6 months and it really shows, so now I need to reverse some damage.

wishbearmom
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:42 AM
3 moms liked this

Next week I'm going to begin working at losing everything that found me over the holidays!

http://data.whicdn.com/images/47234806/tumblr_mflu5hT5M81rr3l61o1_400_large.png

Trajik003
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM

This is so me! I am having one last hurrah tomorrow and then it's back to the gym on Wednesday. I took a two week hiatus and I feel like all my hard work has turned in to cellulite. lol Good luck ladies!!

angel_eyez
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:57 AM
I am. Im too overweight. 4'11 and 250+ pounds. I need a change.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darkwhisper
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:19 AM

I can't do any excersizing until my dr. clears me, but i can start my diet. I'm going completely pescetarian. the ONLY "meat" i will be eatting will be fish and seafood. The rest is all veggies and fruits and such. I have already cut bread and pasta out of my diet, and tomorrow will be the day i cut back on all the sweet foods. The sodium doesn't bother me since i'm Hypotensive and need the sodium to keep my BP normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)