Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the Group

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:04 AM
  • 1 Replies

Hi my name is Ashley and I am new to this group. I am a mom of 4.  Growing up I was always comfortable with my weight and even after baby #1 I lost all the baby weight quickly. But when baby #2 came I gained alot of weight and I got about half of it off when I found out that baby #3 was on the way and I gained more weight . When I had my 1st I weighed 110 got to 150 and got back down to 115. Baby #2 I was 115 and got up to 160 and than I got down to 140 when I found out I was having #3  and than I got up to 190 and only got back down to 175 so that was very discouraging and than when baby #4 came along I got up to 225 and I'm now 205. I have tried dieting and I have so many problems sticking with it. My question is how do you feel good enough about yourself to get out of the depressed funk to be able to stick with a good diet? I really want to lose some of the weight and I would like to get down to 130-140.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:06 AM

Welcome Ashley!  First of all, start with small changes and don't be a slave to the scale.  That thing can cause a lot of heartache...that's from experience!  I would suggest making a list of the reasons why you want to get healthy and lose weight...carry that list with you throughout the day and remind yourself of that list.  Motivation has to come from within you and it can't come from anyone else.  We have all hit our rock bottom at some point and we just have to dig our way out.  You CAN do this!  Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)