Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pull up bar recommendations?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

I've been wanting one, now I'm getting serious about it!  LOL

I'd love one of those door frame ones you don't have to drill in, but can also use on the floor for push ups and tricep dips (with my carpal tunnel, it's easier to do them with bars).

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MamaJessx3
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I want one too so I'll be checking this post :) I googled them online like a month ago but there are just so many!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Quoting MamaJessx3:

I want one too so I'll be checking this post :) I googled them online like a month ago but there are just so many!

Exactly!  There are so many!  I'm looking at a couple on Amazon, but I want to hear from people with experience with them.

Suzanne

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I recommend the local playground lol. No really I wish id bought mine but it was cool of the peolpe who ownwd the house first to leave theirs.... wish I knew where they got it. Does beachbody sell one?
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

I recommend the local playground lol. No really I wish id bought mine but it was cool of the peolpe who ownwd the house first to leave theirs.... wish I knew where they got it. Does beachbody sell one?

Just looked- $60.  Twice what others are going for.  I'm thinking max $30.

Suzanne

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Ugh

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Just looked- $60.  Twice what others are going for.  I'm thinking max $30.

ballerina.2006
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
We have an over the door one. The BIGGEST CON is if you are not careful you will rip the molding off the door frame. Yup dh did that in our room lol. But as long as you don't kip your pull ups, put more weight than recommended or misuse it you should be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ballerina.2006:

We have an over the door one. The BIGGEST CON is if you are not careful you will rip the molding off the door frame. Yup dh did that in our room lol. But as long as you don't kip your pull ups, put more weight than recommended or misuse it you should be fine.

Yeah, I definitely want to be careful about that!  Luckily, the doorframe I'm planning to use is really old (1930s era), and has this VERY secure frame on it.  Fortunately, I'm no longer over the weight limits on the ones I'm seeing! (I sure don't miss worrying about weight limits!!)

Suzanne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)