Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello.

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm new in this group and thought it might be a good place to get some support and advice for my journey. I am currently 120 lbs overweight and completely overwhelmed. I know what I should be doing to lose weight but haven't had the motivation or self control to actually do it. I've decided this year will be better. I'm really going to focus on very small changes and victories and hopefully it will add up. Even if I only lose 1 lb per week, that's still a loss of 52 lb per year. Last year I gained 30 lbs. I'm so afraid of failing again. I almost feel that if I don't do something now that I will be completely lost forever. Anyways, sorry for babbling on and on. Looking forward to a new year and a new me.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, mama!

I know how it feels to have a number like that ahead of you- it's daunting!  I was 269 lbs when i started my journey, and I'm now in the 160s.  I've lost about 45 lbs per year until I hit my initial goal last August.

I have a few journals that might help you out:

Clean eating

What's working for me

Weight loss tips

Motivation is THE hardest part for sure.  Anyone can START, but staying on track through thick and thin is tough!  I have some info about that in the last two journals.

One of the biggest things about "failing", and this is in my journals, is forgiving yourself, and picking up where you are at that moment.  Remember that you're not starting over, you're starting where you are now.  Each day, each moment is an opportunity to start fresh.  Each decision you make either helps or hurts your efforts, and one bad decision will NOT totally unravel everything you've been doing right.

You can do this!  I think your goals are realistic, and if you tell yourself you WILL make it happen, if you get serious about it, and refuse to let ANYTHING get in your way, you can do it!!  Good luck!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mamabearlehman
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Thank you. You are quite inspirational. You look fantastic and it gives me hope for my future.

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome, mama!

I know how it feels to have a number like that ahead of you- it's daunting!  I was 269 lbs when i started my journey, and I'm now in the 160s.  I've lost about 45 lbs per year until I hit my initial goal last August.

I have a few journals that might help you out:

Clean eating

What's working for me

Weight loss tips

Motivation is THE hardest part for sure.  Anyone can START, but staying on track through thick and thin is tough!  I have some info about that in the last two journals.

One of the biggest things about "failing", and this is in my journals, is forgiving yourself, and picking up where you are at that moment.  Remember that you're not starting over, you're starting where you are now.  Each day, each moment is an opportunity to start fresh.  Each decision you make either helps or hurts your efforts, and one bad decision will NOT totally unravel everything you've been doing right.

You can do this!  I think your goals are realistic, and if you tell yourself you WILL make it happen, if you get serious about it, and refuse to let ANYTHING get in your way, you can do it!!  Good luck!  =)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! 

Start slowly and take one day at a time. Write down why you want to be healthy/lose weight, make copies and keep them handy. 

You CAN do this!!!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Stefanie83
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  I started out 85 lbs overweight but lost weight 2011-2012 and now I'm to my goal weight.  If I can do it, you can too!!!  Here's my journal on my weight loss:

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1691624/How_I_lost_90_pounds

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)