Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*~There and skinny again~*

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 21 Replies
Placeholder for my goals.

I guess I don't have any.

Just want to be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:08 AM
So I know the new years thing doesn't start till today, but I'm still reflecting on yesterday. I did ok at dinner at chilis (new years eve is my moms bday). I snagged 2-3 cheesey garlic fries, but I passed on the mozzarella sticks and drank diet soda. I like diet soda but I know even that is good in moderation. I was kinda pissed off about the half cooked/half raw "steamed" broccoli side that was supposed to come but I ate them anyway. I cut my sandwich in half right off and I'm glad I did. I was good after half (though I was juggling my fussy 9 month old in one arm which helped). I'm looking forward to the other half for lunch today.

Only problem with yesterday was the ginormous chocolate cake I ate for my moms bday...Idk if I feel the sugar shock or if I got food poisoning but I feel really sick right now.

Anyway, what's done is done. I was offered leftover cake to take home but I declined. Go me lol.

I'm happy to say that I'm craving wheat bread.

That is all lol. 12/31/2012 out, next up, 1/1/2013
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:08 AM
1/1/12

Ok, today wasn't as bad as the extra 370 calories suggest. I had 2 cookies. Im not beating myself up over it. It happened. I've had 2 coffees and 80 oz of water.

Before all this I was getting a good 100-200 g of sugar a day not including sodas. Can't quit everything cold turkey. Tomorrow is grocery day and I'm not looking forward to me with lots of money alone in a supermarket. I will try; that's all I can do.

Next up: 1/2/12
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahm111
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:24 AM
2 moms liked this
You go girl! I'm glad you aren't beating yourself over the cookies and cake. You have accepted that you are human and moved on!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Stay strong, mama!  Keep moving forward!  =)

woohoo

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Sunshine-27
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM

You are off to a great start. Your right, don't beat yourself up over slips. They are going to happen. Hopefully as you get further into this and start seeing the weight coming off it will encourage you to keep going!!! Portion control is good also! I think you are off to a great start!

MissTacoBell
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
1/2/12

Even though I asked dh for an energy drink last night in a moment of weakness, I refrained from drinking it last night since I knew dd was going to sleep and I didn't want to be too wired to sleep along with.

This morning it was gone. Dh took it before he left for work.

It's for the best. I would have guzzled it.

Though I will be eating some leftover pizza today. Worth all 500 calories.

It's a learning experience. I'm cool with stumbling once in a while. 90% is better than 0%.

Next up: 1/3/12
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Woo hoo!  Great job being strong!  And good for you for forgiving yourself!  We're all human, and like you said, this is a learning experience!  These are the kinds of things that get you through, and help you learn how to KEEP the weight off over the long term.  Temptations and barriers are inevitable, so learning how to overcome them or enjoy "bad" foods (a term I don't like to use, but for lack of a better one) in moderation.  Keep up the good work!!!

Quoting MissTacoBell:

1/2/12

Even though I asked dh for an energy drink last night in a moment of weakness, I refrained from drinking it last night since I knew dd was going to sleep and I didn't want to be too wired to sleep along with.

This morning it was gone. Dh took it before he left for work.

It's for the best. I would have guzzled it.

Though I will be eating some leftover pizza today. Worth all 500 calories.

It's a learning experience. I'm cool with stumbling once in a while. 90% is better than 0%.

Next up: 1/3/12

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MissTacoBell
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:25 AM
1/3/12:

Today was a good day overall. Finished the pizza from the previous night and I'm ok with that.

We went shopping and I'm pleased to say I kept my eyes on the prize. I thought up meals before I left and kept pretty much to it. Dh got some hot wings and tamales for the splurge occasions.

I have a recipe to share (or I will once I get it from my mom) that I just LOVE. It calls for yellow squash, zucchini squash, asparagus, red, yellow and green peppers. If I remember it right, it's that and a tbsp or two of olive oil in a foil wrap and baked. Freaking, to die for.

For once my mind is racing not about sweets but about the new and exciting meals I'm going to be trying out.

Oh, and we bought 2 weeks of groceries not including breads. Four of us, only spent 104. Dh was like what? Now he's on board with this new-fangled diet thing.

Over and out---next up---1/4/12
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzy4mc
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:28 AM
I have myfutness pal app. Very good at tracking your cals and highly recommended.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1/4/12:

I cleaned house because I didn't have any other way of working out. Dh was late coming home then he was having a tough bathroom time (yay ibs) so we didn't get around to eating till 10. I had lunch at 1. I'm going to pay for that im sure. But we had tamales and a few cookies and the only metric I broke was my sodium intake and not by much either. I had 3 cookies to eat and after 2 (41 g of sugar for the day at that point) I started to get the nauseous sugar rush. My cue to stop. I'll save #3 for after dinner tomorrow.

Ya know what I'm craving? Friggin spaghetti squash marinera boats! Oh skinnyTastes.com WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!??!?

I highly suggest it.

I really think I am going to pull this off this time around.

Oh and I'm changing the name of this journal to something snazzier. ;-D

1/4/12 over and out.

Next up: 1/5/12 (day 7 for me)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)