Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

exercise buddies?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 7 Replies
Where do you find buddies? My friends are already skinny and they dont wanna workout. I need to have someone sweating and dying with me. Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MamaJessx3
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I don't really have one that I work out with. I've found I'm very good at competing with myself. Always trying to break my last timed run, or use more weight. At my crossfit gym obviously I have trainers there to push me but as far as having a workout buddy, I don't. If I were you I would just compete with yourself. It makes working out a whole lot more fun. Plus there's always room for improvement in anyone.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM
It took me forever to find people to work out with, and even then, we have conflicting schedules. About 1.5 years after I started my journey, a couple of my friends got inspired to start running (we had been in a mommy/play group together) and asked me for advice. Later I ran into an old friend of my brother's and it turned out she was into running. Then when I started the nursing program, 2 other students turned out to also be trail runners, and we've gone a few times (the few people with my schedule!). For the most part, I've really been on my own. I can count on my hands how many runs I've done with other people.
Maybe post something on FB? The moms that got into running were inspired by all of my FB posts about running and my weight loss, and it finally got them moving! You never know who might be interested! Just put it out there as much as you can, you'll find people!
PinaQ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM

That's my problem, love walking, hard to find people to committ

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM
For sure!! It's especially tough when that's what's keeping you accountable.

Quoting PinaQ:

That's my problem, love walking, hard to find people to committ

eema.gray
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
My kids are great buds. They make sure we stick to the schedule even when I don't want to
ambermario4ever
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I just read others stories and journeys on here to keep me motivated.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM
This! DS loves to do my DVDs with me, and begs to go for runs, hikes and bike rides with me!

Quoting eema.gray:

My kids are great buds. They make sure we stick to the schedule even when I don't want to
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)