Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How do you involve your family with being active ?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
In the summer i would go on walks or bike rides. I use to walk my son to school , one mile going and another coming. Now that it it's cold out the kiddos dance around the house , run around the house, play the Wii or xbox, walk on the treadmill or play with my weights. It has become second nature to my boys to get some kind of activity in for the day.

How do you get your family up and about? Share what works best for you !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shawna510
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Family hikes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:15 AM
We do a lot of what you have mentioned. My husband also coaches my daughter's basketball team and my son loves to practice with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Dragging the kids hiking, snowshoeing, playing soccer, boxing, yoga.... the pretty much do what I do.
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Well my older kids are super active in sports so I'm not at all worried about them. My two yr old likes to do yoga with me. And he loves stretching with Daddy before a run :)
I do most of my heavy exercise alone. In the summer we do more outdoorsy stuff together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Lilly takes karate 3-4x per week year round. She also runs with me on occasion and rides her bike<---depending on the weather, which has stunk since Christmas as it has been cold and rainy...

Karli is just hyper..lol...she is not involved in anything yet, but she will be soon. The kid can't afford to be too active as she loses weight too easily. She is 40" tall and 30 lbs. I can't keep clothing on her as it is as it falls off of her. I dread it when she gets into karate or gymnastics in a few weeks as she will lose more weight I'm sure. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Its impossible to keep meat on my daughter too

Quoting mcginnisc:

Lilly takes karate 3-4x per week year round. She also runs with me on occasion and rides her bike<---depending on the weather, which has stunk since Christmas as it has been cold and rainy...

Karli is just hyper..lol...she is not involved in anything yet, but she will be soon. The kid can't afford to be too active as she loses weight too easily. She is 40" tall and 30 lbs. I can't keep clothing on her as it is as it falls off of her. I dread it when she gets into karate or gymnastics in a few weeks as she will lose more weight I'm sure. 

eema.gray
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

i just sit down and start doing something.  My kids will do anything, pretty much, if I'm doing it also.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM

In spring/summer/fall we go hiking all the time but now that's it's cold out, we don't really do anything together but they do run around. inside. a lot.  lmbo!  ;) 

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM

We go to the park and play or go for walks

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM

We go hiking, or on bike rides.  We want to head up to the mountains and try snowshoeing.

I take DS on bike rides while I run (still not up to my speed yet, but he's 4), or we go running together.  We kick the soccer ball around, go trail running, and he'll do exercise DVDs with me.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)