Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Momof2's Weight Loss Journal

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:04 AM
  • 11 Replies
It's the beginning of a new year and it's always an excellent time for new changes in life. Something about the new year seems to clean the slate and promotes motivation especially after the holidays are over. I have many new changes in my life starting 'tomorrow'.

I'm going back to the gym. I have a 9am appointment with the treadmill. I haven't been in several months. It started with pneumonia over the summer and I never went back. With pneumonia I stopped smoking which added about 10 lbs but unfortunately I started smoking again once I was feeling better. So my husband and I have promised to stop smoking and tomorrow is our quit date.

We also are to that point financially where we need to make changes. We've always just lived our lives and over the last year we have accumulated some debt that is making me just nervous at this point. So I put us on a strict budget in hopes that 2013 we will find ourselves debt free! With that new budget means no eating out except a couple times a month so that we aren't depriving ourselves of something we very much enjoy. With that... Means I will be cooking more. Oh my!! I hope to find great ways to have healthy yet easy to make meals. I'll need some good luck with that for sure!

I am 32, I have two children and my goal is to lose 30lbs. Today I am 169lbs which is the heaviest I have been in 4 years! My lowest weight during my last weight loss journey was 137lbs on the morning of my wedding day. And I'm certain I haven't seen that number since I ate the left overs of our wedding cake 3 years ago.

Happy New Year and best wishes to myself and to my family for a healthier and more active 2013. And to all you other mama's out there on this same journey, good luck! Let's Rock 2013!!
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:07 AM
You can do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Good luck with everything!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Sunshine-27
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Good luck on the quitting smoking!! I am four years quit!! I have gained weight from quitting but I will be losing it!!! It is like losing weight, the longer you go without one the more you don't want to break that record! I know you can do it. Weight gain shouldn't be much of an issue this time due to you watching what your eating.  Good for you having  an appt with the treadmill! Your on the right track!! Good luck and pull on us for support when needed!

momof2ex1
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:55 AM
A little over two weeks in and I have failed more than I have succeeded. I have not lost any weight but the important thing for me to remember is that I have not gained!! I have not succeeded in stopping the nasty habit of smoking. I am cutting back and I am trying. I have cut out a few things out of my diet and I have succeeded there.
1. I cut out cream in my coffee
2. I cut out bread and pasta ( for now)
3. I have slowed on diet Pepsi I am drinking more water and I am down to two cups of coffee a day
4. I have not succeeded in my goal to go to the gym but I am more active and I'm walking.

Tomorrow is a new day and the beginning of a new week. If I can hang on to what I have accomplished and add one more healthy habit to my plan, then I will succeed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Oh I almost forgot. I've been religious on taking vitamins every day which i believe is helping me to feel better! And I've incorporated veggies in to my meals that I had not been adding in before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreambig4u2
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Hi there!  Well just wanted to give you a little advice in two categories...

1st... I am 40 years old... I have not been since high school weight.. since.. oh yeah.. high school... but honey, I am about the same size proportioned a little different... 

Tried ALL... and I mean ALL the programs out there.. Conclusion.. DIET = Dumb, Idea, Everybody's, Tried!!!  Yep Yep!  That should be the motto..

However, I do exercise and just watch what I eat without starving myself or depriving myself.. I do walk at least 3-5 times a week.  Conclusion = Do what makes you feel good and everything else will balance itself out.

Lastly, I work from home with an amazing opportunity that could change your financial and time freedom. Contact me directly so I can help show you how to make 2013 a life changing year.

Good luck honey!  God Bless!

Johnetta... dreambig4u2@gmail.com

momof2ex1
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM
I weighed this morning and I've lost 2.4 pounds!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Thanks Johnetta! I haven't been high school skinny since junior high lol I just want to be healthy and I want to look good. I believe I look good at 145. That still is high on the BMI chart but I am happy there. Just need to get there. Thanks so much for the advice! And thanks for the offer. I have a great career that takes all I can give outside of home and I'm happy there. Thanks for the offer though.

Quoting dreambig4u2:

Hi there!  Well just wanted to give you a little advice in two categories...

1st... I am 40 years old... I have not been since high school weight.. since.. oh yeah.. high school... but honey, I am about the same size proportioned a little different... 

Tried ALL... and I mean ALL the programs out there.. Conclusion.. DIET = Dumb, Idea, Everybody's, Tried!!!  Yep Yep!  That should be the motto..

However, I do exercise and just watch what I eat without starving myself or depriving myself.. I do walk at least 3-5 times a week.  Conclusion = Do what makes you feel good and everything else will balance itself out.

Lastly, I work from home with an amazing opportunity that could change your financial and time freedom. Contact me directly so I can help show you how to make 2013 a life changing year.

Good luck honey!  God Bless!

Johnetta... dreambig4u2@gmail.com

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PetulaW
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you've done great. Let's approach this more positively. If you really like cream in your coffee why not try less cream or a low fat version (that's what I do... low fat, I mean) and I reduced the amount of sugar I put in it. I used to use two scoops of the raw sugar, now I use one and sometimes less.

I'm not a proponent of just cutting out stuff because sometimes it can  result in an over abundance of consuming the product in the future. Loosing weight is a lifestyle change so something you can do for the rest of your life to maintain your weight.

You've been successful! A+ for slowing down on soda and drinking more water. A+ for being active. Maybe adjust what your goals are so you don't feel like you haven't succeeded. You are already succeeding!

Good luck with everything and maintain positivity. Just take one moment and one day at a time.

Quoting momof2ex1:

A little over two weeks in and I have failed more than I have succeeded. I have not lost any weight but the important thing for me to remember is that I have not gained!! I have not succeeded in stopping the nasty habit of smoking. I am cutting back and I am trying. I have cut out a few things out of my diet and I have succeeded there.
1. I cut out cream in my coffee
2. I cut out bread and pasta ( for now)
3. I have slowed on diet Pepsi I am drinking more water and I am down to two cups of coffee a day
4. I have not succeeded in my goal to go to the gym but I am more active and I'm walking.

Tomorrow is a new day and the beginning of a new week. If I can hang on to what I have accomplished and add one more healthy habit to my plan, then I will succeed.

momof2ex1
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Doing well on my portion control and I'm excited to see how well I've done this week. I was extremely cautious of portions at my holiday party this weekend. And I stayed very active all weekend.

Went to the dr on Thursday and they took 9 viles (spelling?) of blood. Getting my thyroid medication adjusted and checking my cholesterol and vitamins D and B12. Always deficient in those. Doc thinks that may be why I am so sluggish lately. I hope I don't have to go back on injections. Ugh

Doing well with the cream. I actually am enjoying the coffee without the cream. I'm used to it now. I'll check back on Thursday with a weigh in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)